Gamefly vs. Gamemine ??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Gamefly vs. Gamemine ??

User Info: lonlonmilklover

lonlonmilklover
4 years ago#1
My Gamefly trial is about 70%over, and I'm without a doubt quitting. I'm 2 hours from the closest hub and have only received 4 games throughout 17 days so far (and I play and return the games the same day I receive them, I play them instantly as a rental to see if I want to buy them).

... and they have shipped all 4 of those games to me from the hub that's 2nd farthest away, nearly across the country). Obviously they don't have a decent balanced inventory.

They also seem to wait 2 whole days after checking in a received game before shipping another from my Queue, even though I have 10+ that are instantly available. Very poor turnaround time. Additionally, one game I received was scratched beyond hope upon receiving. It would have been quite obvious it was questionable had they looked at the surface for even a moment before shipping it. Very disappointing.

I have heard of another service called "Gamemine" and that it used to be equally disappointing, but it has improved greatly. However, www.gamemine.com seems to time out, and I can't find any mention of what their official site might be, anywhere.

Has anybody tried Gamemine, and what is their URL? (if they're still in business...)
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover

User Info: SimmerE15

SimmerE15
4 years ago#2
Try this

video-game-rental-review.toptenreviews.com/game-mine-review.html

lonlonmilklover
4 years ago#3
I had seen that review site, but it doesn't give any links or URL of where to sign up for Gamemine.

User Info: LinktoDrink

LinktoDrink
4 years ago#4
I'm pretty certain that most of those rental companies have gone out of business. Gamefly probably won't last much longer either. I remember being a member of GamezNFlix back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameZnFlix

Ah yes.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 years ago#5
lonlonmilklover posted...
I had seen that review site, but it doesn't give any links or URL of where to sign up for Gamemine.

Wow ur unlucky.

Takes two days to recieve a game i send back and about two to get a new one. So a total of 3-5 day process on average.

Put a game in the mailbox monday after hours... gets picked up n processed(possibly shipped) tuesday... probably shipped wednesday tho. They recieve game, send new one when available. My new game was already shipped days ago and i will recieve today(email notifications indicate when it was shipped... but my post office kinda sucks in that i dont always get mail on time due to various circumstances...) and prolly shoulda got it yesterday.

Bro u can keep em as long as u want, wats the issue? Its not the type of service u use to try a game for one day, its not like its expedited shipping because u just wanna try it for a few hours. Go find a blockbuster or redbox if u wanna do that lol.
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT

lonlonmilklover
4 years ago#6
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
lonlonmilklover posted...

Wow ur unlucky.

Bro u can keep em as long as u want, wats the issue? Its not the type of service u use to try a game for one day, its not like its expedited shipping because u just wanna try it for a few hours. Go find a blockbuster or redbox if u wanna do that lol.

I totally would, but... I live in a town of 4,000 people an hour away from a real city LOL. Gamer in the sticks, here!

lonlonmilklover
4 years ago#7
All in all, for the cost of the Trial, I have gotten a better price than if I went to a BlockBuster, even omitting the 1 disc that didn't work, I've had 3 games in about half a month, for $3.33 each.

If I do get a couple more, it may average about $2.00 per rental.

However, for full price, I will pretty much be spending about $4.00 per rental, much more than Redbox, if I actually had a Redbox in this tiny town of mine, lol. Closest one with games is 41 miles away, lol.

User Info: DemonDog666

DemonDog666
4 years ago#8
You're doing it wrong, order two games and send one back while you play the other until you are done. Using it as a testing service is stupid that's what demos are for.

lonlonmilklover
4 years ago#9
DemonDog666 posted...
You're doing it wrong, order two games and send one back while you play the other until you are done. Using it as a testing service is stupid that's what demos are for.

Self contradiction at its finest.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Gamefly vs. Gamemine ??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived