Wow, wii mode looks like crap, was any effort put into this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wow, wii mode looks like crap, was any effort put into this?

User Info: DriftRS

DriftRS
4 years ago#1
So, I booted up skyward sword in Wii mode, man this thing is rubbish. Firstly it looks like it's half the resolution of the original Wii. I don't know if it's tried to stretch it out to 1080p, and the upscaling just misses every second pixel or what, but there's a nasty cross thatch looking texture to the whole screen, with terrible jaggies all around, absolutly rubbish.

Even ignoring that, it's running with black borders around the whole screen. I can solve this by setting the TV to 16:9 rather then auto detect, but if Nintendo wants to remove the video settings in the console menu, they could at least get thier only setting right for ***** sake. This thing is a total mess. I don't know how to explain how bad this looks and still get through gamefaqs censoring...

User Info: jsb0714

jsb0714
4 years ago#2
Zzzzzzzzzzz!
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this

User Info: ElectricKaibutu

ElectricKaibutu
4 years ago#3
It should work exactly as your Wii did. Mine looks completely identical down to the pixel. There's no upscaling. Did you set your resolution correctly in the Wii U settings?

User Info: Darkside_Shadow

Darkside_Shadow
4 years ago#4
TC your tv sucks get over it.
I learned everything I needed to know about human behavior from Battlefield 1942. On an aircarft carrier just outside Omaha beach. TK!

DriftRS
4 years ago#5
Well I set the Wii U to run in 1080p, the Wii mdoe seems to also run in 1080, and seems to upscale terrible which I think is the problem. I tried changing the Wii modes video settings, but Nintendo removed them... so yeah...

User Info: Wiiplayer111

Wiiplayer111
4 years ago#6
Mine is exactly the same.
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com

DriftRS
4 years ago#7
And no, it aint my TV, the game looks fine on my original Wii, just rubbish on the Wii U.

User Info: T3H_1337_N1NJ4

T3H_1337_N1NJ4
4 years ago#8
Curious. It actually looks better for most people. Instead of a blurry mess you get a detailed image. Of course that, with the Wii's resolution the detailed image is full of aliasing, but that's to be expected.

Here's an example:
Wii U
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/Codename_Grey_Fox/DSCN0281.jpg

Wii
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/Codename_Grey_Fox/DSCN0285.jpg
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox

User Info: ElectricKaibutu

ElectricKaibutu
4 years ago#9
DriftRS posted...
Well I set the Wii U to run in 1080p, the Wii mdoe seems to also run in 1080, and seems to upscale terrible which I think is the problem. I tried changing the Wii modes video settings, but Nintendo removed them... so yeah...

The Wii mode video settings are in the Wii U settings, NOT the Wii settings. You should set it to widescreen 480p. Wii mode can't display in 1080p.

DriftRS
4 years ago#10
I just read that there are issues with running the Wii mode in a PAL environment, as it was designed for NTSC... Might be the issue...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wow, wii mode looks like crap, was any effort put into this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived