Why can't Nintendo develop a new, creative and innovative IP for Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Nintendo develop a new, creative and innovative IP for Wii U?

User Info: PhaseBlack

PhaseBlack
4 years ago#1
Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new "mascot" character that brings something new to gaming with the way they play and making a new universe for said character? If Yoshi's Yarn is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new IP in soooo long
PSVita & 3DS

User Info: Spade59

Spade59
4 years ago#2
phaseblack topic

User Info: sentoworf

sentoworf
4 years ago#3
I liked Xenoblade
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif

User Info: blue_hedgehog

blue_hedgehog
4 years ago#4
Why can't PhaseBlack develop a new, creative troll topic for the Wii U message board?

Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new troll topic that brings something new to gamefaqs with the way they troll and making a topic for said troll? If this topic is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique trolling experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new troll topic in soooo long
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.

User Info: TheCelticArcher

TheCelticArcher
4 years ago#5
Implying the Wii series of games wasn't a new IP, same thing with The Last Story, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and Rhythm Heaven.
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360), Anarchy Reigns (PS3), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, & New Super Mario Bros. U.

User Info: LurkerLord

LurkerLord
4 years ago#6
http://kyoto-report.wikidot.com/forum/t-469495

User Info: G1ingy

G1ingy
4 years ago#7
blue_hedgehog posted...
Why can't PhaseBlack develop a new, creative troll topic for the Wii U message board?

Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new troll topic that brings something new to gamefaqs with the way they troll and making a topic for said troll? If this topic is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique trolling experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new troll topic in soooo long

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
4 years ago#8
Xenoblade, Last Story, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pandora's Tower, Captain Rainbow

All new IPs by Nintendo in the past few years, plus many other franchises revived.

Why is there such a demand from trolls for new Ips. I'd bet if Nintendo came out with a new IP, you'd be trashing it.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
4 years ago#9
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are Little Inferno, Tank! Tank! Tank!, ZombiU, Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land new IPs? I don't know how innovative or good most of them are, cuz I've only played Nintendo Land (which was the most unique gaming experience I've had in a while), but those count, right? I mean what exactly are you looking for? Franchises don't exactly become notable with a first installment. Just look at Uncharted. That happens maybe after the 2nd or 3rd game, then by that time, ppl are already saying the franchises are getting milked. And I swear, the same ppl that bash milked franchises are the same ppl that don't bother actually looking into what new IPs there actually are.

User Info: PaladinAlik

PaladinAlik
4 years ago#10
PhaseBlack posted...
Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new "mascot" character that brings something new to gaming with the way they play and making a new universe for said character? If Yoshi's Yarn is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new IP in soooo long

Do I really need to list all of the IP's? They have a ton of them its just hard to measure up to the icons like mario, samus, and zelda.

meanwhile we're on our.... what 6th god of war.... and what... 5 uncharted.....? not stale one bit huh?
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Nintendo develop a new, creative and innovative IP for Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived