Buzzfeed: How the gaming press got the Wii U Wrong

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Buzzfeed: How the gaming press got the Wii U Wrong

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#11
rafiiilla posted...
nintendo's advertisement hasn't been good lately

There's nothing to advertise as nothing of significance that is new has released. The same thing happened with the 3DS.

I don't know, advertising the console might be a good idea. Make a commercial explaining the differences between the Wii and Wii-U, hammer home that the Wii-U is a new console and not an add on for the Wii.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: arvilino

arvilino
4 years ago#12
Not really that great, the article writer seems to think the WiiU should be at full pace crossing the finish line when it's just started.

Because this is exactly the reason that game journalists failed to see plainly what an insufficient product the Wii U was going to be for months after its release, and perhaps forever

User Info: rafiiilla

rafiiilla
4 years ago#13
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
rafiiilla posted...

There's nothing to advertise as nothing of significance that is new has released. The same thing happened with the 3DS.

What I mean is that on E3 2011 wasn't clear for some people if the Wii U was an add on or a new console, I haven't seen many ads on TV as I saw them on the launch of the Wii, etc

Bottom line, Nintendo could use better marketing
NNID: rafiiilla

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
4 years ago#14
AwayFromHere posted...
rafiiilla posted...

I don't know, advertising the console might be a good idea. Make a commercial explaining the differences between the Wii and Wii-U, hammer home that the Wii-U is a new console and not an add on for the Wii.

They already made that commercial, and though it's good to let people know about a console, you still need to preach about the software. You can't sell a console properly without that key component.
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 years ago#15
Yeah, that line irked me as well. When the Wii U launched we still had a ton of games to look forward to, but a ton of them have been delayed. Also a ton of new games were announced for other consoles, but no Wii U version of them. And simply not a lot of 3rd parties have really released or announced anything new for the Wii U for a few months by now.

Anyhow, assuming it might be insufficient for forever? That's just downright trolling, Nintendo has a ton of great games coming to the system and it will have a library of at least a dozen of noteworthy 1st party (either created or published) games available after 1-2 years. For me that's reason enough to buy the system eventually.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: YamiYugi4400

YamiYugi4400
4 years ago#16
rafiiilla posted...
rafiiilla posted...

What I mean is that on E3 2011 wasn't clear for some people if the Wii U was an add on or a new console, I haven't seen many ads on TV as I saw them on the launch of the Wii, etc

Bottom line, Nintendo could use better marketing

Oh they definitely could.
Exodia - Obliterate!!!

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
4 years ago#17
YamiYugi4400 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
solid read and its sad to think that cause of aliens that sites are considering getting rid of previews all together.

It makes sense if developers are throwing out bullshots and bulltrialers, never having hands on with previewers.

Doesn't really make that much sense. How many previews have really been that different from the final game like Aliens?

I can't tell you how many time I've read a glowing preview for a game that ultimately received a bad score from the same site or magazine that published the preview. I wish I could offer you more specific examples, but it's one of the reasons I stopped reading previews and reviews years ago. It's been a long time since I've had any faith in a major gaming publication.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.

User Info: EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR
4 years ago#18
Waste of time.
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223 Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0519-6722-9989
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
4 years ago#19
Any article that tries to basically say '57k, lolz' can't be taken seriously.

Nor can any poster who buys into said article.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

User Info: rafiiilla

rafiiilla
4 years ago#20
darkjedilink posted...
Any article that tries to basically say '57k, lolz' can't be taken seriously.

Nor can any poster who buys into said article.

We have a sith here...

Not everything is black or white, people may half-agree with you and not because of that they can't be taken seriously by anyone (maybe only by people who are square-minded)
NNID: rafiiilla
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Buzzfeed: How the gaming press got the Wii U Wrong

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived