Wii U & Monster Hunter

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U & Monster Hunter

User Info: NelloAngelo

NelloAngelo
4 years ago#1
Huge Monster Hunter fan here, played it day one on ps2 and put hundreds of hours into each psp game. Re-bought a Wii just to play tri and imported Monster Hunter 3rd HD for PS3. I am deeply saddened that in order to play my favorite franchise I have to buy a new system (zombie U system seems the best deal no ?) I don't know if it's been discussed to death, if so I'm sorry, but is there any word or plans for a price cut in the immediate future? Wish it would come back to playstation :/
~ La Vita Nuova ~

User Info: icarus231

icarus231
4 years ago#2
NelloAngelo posted...
Huge Monster Hunter fan here, played it day one on ps2 and put hundreds of hours into each psp game. Re-bought a Wii just to play tri and imported Monster Hunter 3rd HD for PS3. I am deeply saddened that in order to play my favorite franchise I have to buy a new system (zombie U system seems the best deal no ?) I don't know if it's been discussed to death, if so I'm sorry, but is there any word or plans for a price cut in the immediate future? Wish it would come back to playstation :/

no price cut and zombie bundle is a great deal

NelloAngelo
4 years ago#3
Ok cool thank you for the post, yeah it definitely looks like the better purchase from the available options.
~ La Vita Nuova ~

User Info: Nerdstick

Nerdstick
4 years ago#4
Or you can get a used WiiU for a huge discount. Bear in mind that MH3U seems to be a bare-bones port of the 3DS game.

User Info: nbean16

nbean16
4 years ago#5
Nerdstick posted...
Or you can get a used WiiU for a huge discount. Bear in mind that MH3U seems to be a bare-bones port of the 3DS game.

Bare bones in what way?

icarus231
4 years ago#6
Nerdstick posted...

ignore him, he knows not what he speaks of

Nerdstick
4 years ago#7
icarus231 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

In which regard? For 350 (30 less than the bundle) I picked up a WiiU with five games and a pro controller.

As far as MH3U, it doesn't support off-tv play, iffy framerate, has 0 new features apart from online play from the 3DS version. It's just the 3DS version in HD. Barebone Port.

NelloAngelo
4 years ago#8
Do you know the price point on a used WiiU? Checked the GameStop website to no avail.

Edit: there we go never mind heh just saw the new posts.
~ La Vita Nuova ~

Nerdstick
4 years ago#9
I got mine off of eBay. You'll have to shop around but a basic WiiU can be found pretty easily for 240. Lots can get you a bunch of nearly free games.

icarus231
4 years ago#10
Nerdstick posted...
icarus231 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

In which regard? For 350 (30 less than the bundle) I picked up a WiiU with five games and a pro controller.

As far as MH3U, it doesn't support off-tv play, iffy framerate, has 0 new features apart from online play from the 3DS version. It's just the 3DS version in HD. Barebone Port.

I doubt it
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U & Monster Hunter

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived