Does the gamepad lose power when not in use?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does the gamepad lose power when not in use?

User Info: Murderstorm117

Murderstorm117
4 years ago#1
I just turned it on for the first time and months and it started flashing red and died even though I left it fully charged last time it was used

User Info: cucumberking

cucumberking
4 years ago#2
I see what you did there.

User Info: WideAwake

WideAwake
4 years ago#3
Mine was close to dying when I left last week, and was still close to dying when I got back yesterday (6 Days)
NN: WideAwake5

User Info: TangoBunny

TangoBunny
4 years ago#4
I didn't turn on my WiiU for a couple of months too, and the gamepad lost all of its power (from fully charged to non-responding).

(And, no, this isn't a troll post, I'm just not really into NSMB games, and haven't felt like playing any Warriors Orochi 3 or NintendoLand, which were the games I got at launch)
Female pronouns are appreciated when responding to this user's posts! ~ http://tangobunny.webs.com

User Info: NeoSamuel

NeoSamuel
4 years ago#5
When batterys are in the device (or built in rechargeables) will slowly drain over time. This is the same with all electrionic devices.
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.

User Info: krzysio87

krzysio87
4 years ago#6
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. After a week or so of not playing, no battery, none at all.

There's really no reason for to battery to drain so quickly, even if it's not the biggest problem since I prefer to keep the GamePad plugged in. Still, I'd like to know if this is a common occurrence or not and if it's something Nintendo would repair.

User Info: Sailor Goon

Sailor Goon
4 years ago#7
thats normal for all electronic devices
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does the gamepad lose power when not in use?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived