'Runner2' Storms out on Feb. 26, Gaijin Games Releases Trailer to Celebrate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 'Runner2' Storms out on Feb. 26, Gaijin Games Releases Trailer to Celebrate

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
4 years ago#1
In anticipation for the impending release of “Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien” -- impending as in tomorrow -- Gaijin Games have released a new trailer to drum up one last burst of frothy excitement.

The first “Runner” was part of the original “Bit. Trip” series that started winning hearts and minds on WiiWare a few years ago, marrying rhythm and platforming mechanics with a purposefully stripped down 8-bit visual style. The basic mechanics seem similar in “Runner2” -- Commander Video is still running, jumping, and sliding -- but the series’ aesthetic has seen a major overhaul.

“The style change up … a little bit of it was story-driven. A little bit of it was, we were working on ‘Bit. Trip’ for so many years that we wanted to expand our wings a little bit,” explained Mike Roush, co-founder of Gaijin Games in an interview. “And also, we sort of have more power now on the Xbox, PSN, PC, and Mac, so that was also a factor.”

Eagle-eyed viewers will also notice that one of the unlockable characters in “Runner2” is called Whetfart Cheeseburger, which may explain the game’s ESRB rating: “T” for “crude humor.”

In any case, “Runner2” will be available on, like, every platform on February 26: Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, Steam for Mac, Linux, and PC, and Wii U. Gaijin are also running a special music bundle promotion: fans can pay what they want for six soundtracks from previous “Bit.Trip” games, but $20 will also score you a “Runner2” pre-order.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/02/25/runner2-storms-on-xbla-psn-steam-and-wii-u-on-feb-26-gaijin-games-releases-trailer-to-celebrate/
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa

User Info: Goku_The_Humen

Goku_The_Humen
4 years ago#2
Could you explain how this game is tailored to the Wii U's control scheme?

User Info: Y34RX3R0

Y34RX3R0
4 years ago#3
Goku_The_Humen posted...

Just off screen play!
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
(message deleted)

User Info: Nice_Kirbyfan9

Nice_Kirbyfan9
4 years ago#5
Should we move the discussion to this topic?
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif

Y34RX3R0
4 years ago#6
Goku_The_Humen posted...
Y34RX3R0 posted...
Goku_The_Humen posted...

Just off screen play!

Incredible, it'll be like I'm really playing a GBA game with sub-HD resolution on an oversized handheld. Day 1 buy.

Off screen play has been a huge perk for me, to each his own.

User Info: sentoworf

sentoworf
4 years ago#7
Goku_The_Humen posted...
Y34RX3R0 posted...
Goku_The_Humen posted...

Just off screen play!

Incredible, it'll be like I'm really playing a GBA game with sub-HD resolution on an oversized handheld. Day 1 buy.

lol
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif

Y34RX3R0
4 years ago#8
Just watched trailer, hype levels rising!

User Info: aj_hacker87

aj_hacker87
4 years ago#9
Just a note this is not available in the EU E-Shop and there is no release date for it for the EU on the Wii U according to GameFAQs.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/mrdraycan

User Info: DarkIVloon

DarkIVloon
4 years ago#10
I've bought every game in the series on PC, i also have the Collection for Wii with Soundtrack, and i have a retail copy of Saga on 3DS

more bit trip !!!
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 'Runner2' Storms out on Feb. 26, Gaijin Games Releases Trailer to Celebrate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived