The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

PS3 and 360 Watch Dogs haven't been made yet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PS3 and 360 Watch Dogs haven't been made yet

User Info: McRiddles

McRiddles
4 years ago#1
http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2013/02/26/ubisoft-development-ps3360-version-watch-dogs-hasnt-started-yet/

So, can we take this to mean we aren't getting the last-gen port?
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/McRiddles93

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 years ago#2
It's kinda hard to say how this will turn out. There's a few things to consider:

- Ubisoft has some experience with the Wii U hardware from Rayman Legends. It was developed as an exclusive at first, which means it was most likely optimized for the Wii U hardware, which means Ubisoft is aware of the advantages and disadvantages of the hardware.

- How will Ubisoft port? And have they started any other version outside of a PC version? Surely, they seem to be creating a PC version first. PS3 and next Xbox will most likely be up next. Will they include the Wii U in that batch? If so, will they give the Wii U version a separate team to optimize it, or will they just go for a rather simple port? Or...

- Will they port it to the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U simultaneously? Will they use the PS3 & 360 engines to get it running on the Wii U hardware or will they actually make some effort or do they already have tools to get the most out of a Wii U version?

- Or the last option... will they be porting to 360 & PS3 first, and the Wii U last? If so, will they optimize it or just go for a port with some tacked on Gamepad functionality?

So there's a lot of possibilities. Some can end up for a positive result on the Wii U, but some can also lead to a negative result. It's impossible to tell what path Ubisoft will take.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: Ghoul138

Ghoul138
4 years ago#3
nonexistinghero posted...

- Or the last option... will they be porting to 360 & PS3 first, and the Wii U last? If so, will they optimize it or just go for a port with some tacked on Gamepad functionality?

I read that they already have Watch Dogs running on the Wii U so it seems like they're working on PS360 last.

User Info: Virus66

Virus66
4 years ago#4
Well, Ubisoft has already said they have Watch Dogs up and running on Wii U hardware already. That would kinda point to it NOT being the same as PS3/360 seeing as development hasnt even started on those versions yet
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
4 years ago#5
I suppose it does. It might also just be experimenting with the hardware though.

I mean, Kojima's team put together a quick MGS3 tech demo in a matter of weeks for the 3DS. Then the real game comes out more than a year later and it looks and performs worse than the tech demo.

But I'll try to remain positive.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: laxnd23

laxnd23
4 years ago#6
So this basically indicates that Ubisoft believes Wii U to be a "next gen" system as they said they were first working on the "next gen" systems with Watch Dogs
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF

User Info: nameless0101

nameless0101
4 years ago#7
It depends how Ubisoft defines next gen, As obviously the Wii U is next gen from a release standpoint but that doesn't mean that it is from a hardware standpoint.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out regardless
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
4 years ago#8
But I thought the Wii U version was a 360 port...
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 years ago#9
DTY3 posted...

Dont think the trolls really believed that. Just hating that Wii U is getting a PS4 port.
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg

User Info: iceache

iceache
4 years ago#10

No.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PS3 and 360 Watch Dogs haven't been made yet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived