Has this got better graphics than the PS3/360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Has this got better graphics than the PS3/360?

User Info: SpiritSephiroth

SpiritSephiroth
3 years ago#1
Topic
PSN: G-e-n-e-s-i-s, Steam: Blackisrafil, MGO (EU): Rubedo
White knight chronicles: Rubedo, Alessia

User Info: monkeyspoon

monkeyspoon
3 years ago#2
About the same. Some are better on WiiU but most are worse.
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon. Can't wait for the PS4 to be released. That's when the next gen really starts.

User Info: WhiteSword7

WhiteSword7
3 years ago#3
At the moment? Not so much... about on par with xbox 360 but higher than ps3
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
3 years ago#4
Most games look the same or worse. Supposedly Need for Speed will look better than the 360/PS3 versions, though.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink

User Info: DeathSnipe777

DeathSnipe777
3 years ago#5
WiiU is about 50-100% more powerful than PS3/360. Not a major leap, but once devs start taking advantage of what the architecture does right instead of simply porting across the board there should be a noticeable leap in graphics.
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu

User Info: Socran

Socran
3 years ago#6
It's capable of better graphics, but graphics themselves vary from game to game. I can name Gamecube games that look better than some PS3 games. Thus far, no game has pushed what the Wii U is capable of yet.

DeathSnipe777 posted...
WiiU is about 50-100% more powerful than PS3/360. Not a major leap

Incidentally, the fact that we've reached a point where "100% more powerful" is "not a major leap" means it's about time we stopped investing so much in better graphics. Diminishing returns are hitting hard.
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: KAMMYqueen

KAMMYqueen
3 years ago#7
yes
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
3 years ago#8
Socran posted...
It's capable of better graphics, but graphics themselves vary from game to game. I can name Gamecube games that look better than some PS3 games. Thus far, no game has pushed what the Wii U is capable of yet.

DeathSnipe777 posted...

Incidentally, the fact that we've reached a point where "100% more powerful" is "not a major leap" means it's about time we stopped investing so much in better graphics. Diminishing returns are hitting hard.

100% more powerful was never a major leap. Each console generation was typically ~10x as powerful as the one before it.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink

User Info: toma13

toma13
3 years ago#9
thundercat2600 posted...
100% more powerful was never a major leap. Each console generation was typically ~10x as powerful as the one before it.

Hahahahaha no.
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt

User Info: LemonKweenstaaa

LemonKweenstaaa
3 years ago#10
thundercat2600 posted...
Socran posted...

DeathSnipe777 posted...

This is why I can't take you seriously. You try making fun of people for exaggerating or getting their facts wrong, and then you post crap like this.
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Has this got better graphics than the PS3/360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived