Thinking about a system purchase.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Thinking about a system purchase.

User Info: SpecOp24

SpecOp24
4 years ago#1
I'm debating on purchasing either a PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii U. I've owned a 360 before and while I like it only thing i'd venture back into it for is skyrim and a couple other games that are not exclusives. I've never owned a Wii, and I was interested at the chance of venturing into the new Wii U. I haven't even checked up on the system at all, but I love RPG, Adventure and generally most games aside from sports and shooters.

This isn't a coax me into the Wii U, but more of a "I don't know what it has to offer, please help inform me" situation. Any questions further I'd be glad to answer. Thanks in advance.

User Info: GameKing59

GameKing59
4 years ago#2
Well, here is something the Wii U could offer you.

If you're playing your games, but someone else comes in wanting to watch TV, you can put your game on the controller and play it there.

User Info: Naruto

Naruto
4 years ago#3
Get a PS3, especially since PS4 won't be BC.

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
4 years ago#4
The two genres you dislike (Sports and Shooters) is what most the other consoles have and what the Wii/Wii U lack. For RPG there are several good games on both the Wii and some coming out on Wii U as well. Adventure games you have Zelda, which are all pretty amazing.
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13

User Info: BoomerTheGreat

BoomerTheGreat
4 years ago#5
I was thinking like you when I got my taxes. I bought a Wii U (ZombiU) bundle. It is my favorite system of all time (no joke). I was previously an Xbox fan. The gamepad is great if your family likes to use the TV, you can use Off-TV play. The graphics are great, Wii Street U is fun and I missed out on ALL the Wii games and I am buying them now because Wii U is backwards compatible. It gives a fresh new feeling and I cant wait for Nintendo games to be released this year.

Best advice is to just research around. Thats what I did.
Greatness comes from within

User Info: Chewy247

Chewy247
4 years ago#6
BoomerTheGreat posted...
I was thinking like you when I got my taxes. I bought a Wii U (ZombiU) bundle. It is my favorite system of all time (no joke). I was previously an Xbox fan. The gamepad is great if your family likes to use the TV, you can use Off-TV play. The graphics are great, Wii Street U is fun and I missed out on ALL the Wii games and I am buying them now because Wii U is backwards compatible. It gives a fresh new feeling and I cant wait for Nintendo games to be released this year.

Best advice is to just research around. Thats what I did.

This is how I feel although the system is no where near my favorites of all time.
Back to Nintendo And Sony

User Info: SpecOp24

SpecOp24
4 years ago#7
Can anyone suggest some games that are Wii U must haves, and also Wii must haves from the back catalog.

User Info: Chewy247

Chewy247
4 years ago#8
SpecOp24 posted...
Can anyone suggest some games that are Wii U must haves, and also Wii must haves from the back catalog.

My personal faves from each respective systems are

NSMBU
and
LoZ: Skyward Sword
Back to Nintendo And Sony

User Info: TCaC04

TCaC04
4 years ago#9
For Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Zelda: Twlight Princess
Xenoblade Chronicles

Just to name a few

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros U
Sonic Racing Transformed
ZombiU (hit or miss)
Monster Hunter Ultimate 3
Ninja Gaiden

There's many more but these are the few I could name off the top of my head.
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
4 years ago#10
SpecOp24 posted...

Wii U:

Zombi U (if you like true survival horror games, not run and gun Left 4 Dead style)
Mario U
Nintendo Land
Soon - Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 U

Wii:

Both Zelda games
Xenoblade Chronicles (if you can find a copy)
Donkey Kong Country Returns is a lot of fun
Metroid Prime Trilogy (if you can find a copy)
Smash Bros.

Those are just some, to give you an idea.
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Thinking about a system purchase.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived