Winner of seventh generation.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Winner of seventh generation.

User Info: Phasmatis92

Phasmatis92
4 years ago#141
songoku0206 posted...
As a gamer I don't care who won, all that matters is where the games were at and guess what they sure wasn't on the wii.

Speak for yourself, as a multi-console owner I'll take the Wii's library over either of the other two.

Red Dead Redemption didn't do it for me. GTA with slow horses instead of fast cars, and I don't find GTA much fun to begin with.
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.

User Info: shaunme

shaunme
4 years ago#142
MathewManson posted...
shaunme posted...
songoku0206 posted...
As a gamer I don't care who won, all that matters is where the games were at and guess what they sure wasn't on the wii.

this, 360/ps3 win by having red dead redemption, show me a more epic game.

Eh...am I the only person who didn't really care for that game? I think Bioshock destroys it.

bioshock was brilliant,unique setting decent story etc,but RDR was beyond epic.
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//

shaunme
4 years ago#143
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Speak for yourself, as a multi-console owner I'll take the Wii's library over either of the other two.

Red Dead Redemption didn't do it for me. GTA with slow horses instead of fast cars, and I don't find GTA much fun to begin with.

opinions.
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//

User Info: songoku0206

songoku0206
4 years ago#144
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Really you don't have to like RDR or GTA to know that the Wii had that Sega 32x library
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206

Phasmatis92
4 years ago#145
shaunme posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

opinions.

Exactly.
Opinions.
The winner of the generation in terms of games is entirely a matter of opinion.
What's not a matter of opinion is the sales winner, which is normally what is meant by the "winner" of a generation.
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.

Phasmatis92
4 years ago#146
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Really you don't have to like RDR or GTA to know that the Wii had that Sega 32x library

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter Tri, Zelda Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3... yep, I'll take games like that over the others, thanks. I love Bioshock, Uncharted, Mass Effect, etc, but in the end the Wii's library takes the cake for me.

User Info: songoku0206

songoku0206
4 years ago#147
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter Tri, Zelda Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3... yep, I'll take games like that over the others, thanks. I love Bioshock, Uncharted, Mass Effect, etc, but in the end the Wii's library takes the cake for me.
I feel like I was the only one who doesn't like Xenoblade it was FF12 in sheep clothing awesome ost tho
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206

Phasmatis92
4 years ago#148
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

I feel like I was the only one who doesn't like Xenoblade it was FF12 in sheep clothing awesome ost tho

Oh, you're definitely not alone, just outnumbered. ;)
Honestly, I've never played FF12, the series never did much to endear itself to me.

shaunme
4 years ago#149
Phasmatis92 posted...
shaunme posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

opinions.

Exactly.
Opinions.
The winner of the generation in terms of games is entirely a matter of opinion.
What's not a matter of opinion is the sales winner, which is normally what is meant by the "winner" of a generation.

Ps3 and 360 are still on sale,as is the Wii so regarding sales there is no winner.

User Info: The_Hyphenator

The_Hyphenator
4 years ago#150
There's not really any room for discussion here. Nintendo sold the most consoles and left the 7th generation having made massive profits and with $10.5 billion in the bank. Microsoft is about to leave the 7th gen with $3 billion in losses they still need to make back, and Sony's even worse off than Microsoft.

Additionally, Nintendo released the best-selling game of all time (Wii Sports) and released more quality exclusives than either Sony or Microsoft (though I'd contend that it was a close contest with Sony). The only area anybody can argue that Nintendo didn't win the 7th generation in was third-party support, which is true; Sony and Microsoft had a lot of excellent third party games that Nintendo didn't get. But by any other metric, Nintendo dominated the 7th generation.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Winner of seventh generation.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived