The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

question about hooking my wii u to my surround system

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. question about hooking my wii u to my surround system

User Info: MikeBearman

MikeBearman
4 years ago#11
If your TV has an separate audio output, what ever you have plugged into the TV should play through the receiver's TV/AV setting or it might be called something else depends on the receiver as long as it's setup properly, that's how I used to have some things setup on my old setup, you'll get sound but not true surround sound.

User Info: rawxfoxdog

rawxfoxdog
4 years ago#12
I don't think it has output by itself. I've had to set up like hdmi as video then my av cables trying to get soumd but the wii u don't support that. What new surround system would someone like to recommend?
Frostbite-poptarts--- think about it

User Info: rawxfoxdog

rawxfoxdog
4 years ago#13
Wii U still plugged directly into TV via HDMI

- Set Wii U to Surround Sound in its audio options

- Used RCA red and white cables from receiver audio red and white outputs into TV variable (red and white inputs)

- Turned TV Speakers off, switched to external audio input and selected FIXED instead of variable---- found this after looking on here, ill try this plus I ordered a optical cable, maybe one of these will work
Frostbite-poptarts--- think about it

User Info: rudgerlight

rudgerlight
4 years ago#14
Any surround sound system with audio pass through should be good. I think that's most receivers these days. The issue a few years ago was that some receivers could only get the video from HDMI but not the audio, but it's easy to spot if it has it.

For instance:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STRDH520-Channel-Receiver-Black/dp/B004NHCGJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362980190&sr=8-1&keywords=receiver

It says: "Standby pass-through of Audio & Video via HDMI connected devices". Just make sure it has that and you're golden.

I haven't really looked into receivers for a while, so I don't know what's the best anymore, sorry.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. question about hooking my wii u to my surround system

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived