Perhaps you could Help me with this problem.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Perhaps you could Help me with this problem.

User Info: Graves124

Graves124
3 years ago#1
Ok, I'm getting a Wiiu in May. I want a classic controller for the original Wii I have right now. Will the original classic controller work on Wiiu, or visa versa? What is my best course of action to have a classic controller for the Wii and to save the most money (I will want a classic controller to use on Wiiu)
Official Dosu of the Naruto Boards
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
3 years ago#2
The Wii U is backward compatible with all Wii accessories and controllers, but only when playing Wii games.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

Graves124
3 years ago#3
SegavsCapcom posted...
The Wii U is backward compatible with all Wii accessories and controllers, but only when playing Wii games.

Will a Wii-u Classic Controller work for VC on a Wii?

Graves124
3 years ago#4
B for Bump

Graves124
3 years ago#5
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Bump.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 years ago#6
Graves124 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

Will a Wii-u Classic Controller work for VC on a Wii?

Are you asking about the Wii-U Pro Controller? It won't work with Wii games, both retail and Wii VC, because they are running in Wii mode. and Wii mode does not recognize the controller.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Graves124
3 years ago#7
Ok. So there is no way to get a classic controller for my wii that Can use again later after getting Wii u

Sorry about all the bumping, I just needed confirmation.

User Info: FFXIgaiaknight

FFXIgaiaknight
3 years ago#8
Graves124 posted...
Ok. So there is no way to get a classic controller for my wii that Can use again later after getting Wii u

Sorry about all the bumping, I just needed confirmation.

some games support the wii classic controller like black ops 2 and monster hunter 3 ultimate.
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight

User Info: ThunderFSR

ThunderFSR
3 years ago#9
To be clear, you will only need ( and only can use ) the classic controller with Wii software, any new Wii U games will be played with the tablet controller ( which is basically the classic controller with a screen ) and the standard wii remote. There is a wireless classic controller but unless you buy it for multi player on Wii U games its pointless
Smoking tires daily
find me on PS3, 360, & Wii U

User Info: Fatalyze

Fatalyze
3 years ago#10
All the answers here seem like they're worded ambiguously, so I'll take a shot at it.

Classic Controller/ Classic Controller Pro for the original Wii: It plays all Virtual Console and original Wii games while in Wii Mode. It also has compatibility with a few Wii U games as well.

Pro Controller for the Wii U: Can only be used to play Wii U games, and even then, only some Wii U that don't require the Gamepad. Since it has less functionality than the gamepad, and its face buttons have an inward placement (i tend to rest my thumb on the A button instead of the B button, and it constantly screws up my playing) I would just stick with the Gamepad. That is, unless, you plan on having multiple controllers for multiplayer.

Wii Remote: The Wii U menu can be navigated using one, and It is mandatory for Wii Mode. Plays all of your Wii games like normal, and has functionality in some Wii U games.
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Perhaps you could Help me with this problem.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived