Why can't Mario be more like God of War? Serious

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Mario be more like God of War? Serious

User Info: foxyReyoko

foxyReyoko
4 years ago#1
First of all..... I'm not talking about making this game super violent!

God of War has epic boss fights and set pieces that feel like you are playing on a grand scale. Why can't Mario games impress like this? It's always on a small scale, usually moving on a 2D plane still jumping on enemies, wtf? Super Mario Galaxy came close to a next level Mario game, but still falls short.
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS [06.12.2008]
•¯`·._.·•

User Info: New Link

New Link
4 years ago#2
Eh, the boss fights in mario have been hit and miss, I can say that any of the minibosses and main boss battle in Super Mario World all took more skill than if they reduced the simplicity down to set-pieces.

In the 3D games, the bosses could definitely be improved, make them at least as challenging as the 2D games' bosses, but don't reduce them down to set-pieces... that's just boring.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!

User Info: mattersville

mattersville
4 years ago#3
Keep your QTE poo to yourself!
My Blog/Comic is funnier than your Blog/Comic.
http://sundaysmash.wordpress.com/

User Info: pokemonfreak97

pokemonfreak97
4 years ago#4
How do you mean with regards to the boss battles? If you mean long and tough boss battles, I direct you to Super Mario 3D Land's final battle. If you want large and imposing, I direct you to Super Mario Galaxy 2. If you want quicktime events (saw someone else mention them in the thread) in the vein of "press buttons/shake the remote/draw stuff on the GamePad as it flashes onscreen", then no. That's a complete genre shift to rhythm game. Mario is many things, but not Guitar Hero.
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Mario be more like God of War? Serious

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived