Is Monster Hunter the Wii U savior?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Monster Hunter the Wii U savior?

User Info: Beysus

Beysus
4 years ago#1
I have seen a lot of people buying a Wii U just to play Monster Hunter, current owners are also very excited.

If successful, will this have a positive impact on Capcom support, and maybe even other third parties?

What do you think?

User Info: ADHDguitar

ADHDguitar
4 years ago#2
No.

Good game, I'll be getting it, but no.

It's niche.
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2

User Info: Fryobv

Fryobv
4 years ago#3
how is a remake gonna be a system savior?

am i buying it? hell yea. but come on now..

User Info: Nophoria88

Nophoria88
4 years ago#4
Well me and my gf bought Wii U's to play MH3U, what it will do is increase the install base of the console and possibly get more devs on board since it will have a larger player base. I guess that will depend on just how much MH3U helps it grow.

User Info: FFXIgaiaknight

FFXIgaiaknight
4 years ago#5
if anyone honestly thinks a 3rd party game is gonna save the wii u there in for a disappointment. Only nintendo can save the system.
Currently Playing: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
NNI: Gaiaknight

User Info: RockD79

RockD79
4 years ago#6
I think DQX will do more damage than Monster Hunter especially in Japan.
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.

User Info: ChipChipperson

ChipChipperson
4 years ago#7
No but I think Lego City is going to be a surprise hit. I could completely see it becoming an ''evergreen'' title much like Nintendo's first party games.
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.

User Info: Nice_Kirbyfan9

Nice_Kirbyfan9
4 years ago#8
It sold horribly in Japan which is the only place Monster Hunter ever sells well so no, it wont be the savior.
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
4 years ago#9
Those wonderful handsome awesome intelligent people who were going to get the wiiU just for monster hunter probably got one already as soon as the demo came out, so no, I don't think MH3U will be a system seller.

I do think MH3U will break 1 million in its lifetime, which is alright for a 3rd party.

User Info: Fryobv

Fryobv
4 years ago#10
wait... MH3 flopped in japan, and people expect it to be a system savior?

what is this... i dont even...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Monster Hunter the Wii U savior?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived