So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

User Info: GoombaX

GoombaX
4 years ago#11
GoombaX posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Sega prob expect such low sales that they cease working on it and cut their losses. Expect it to be cancelled.

Its a game nobody likes on a system nobody wants.

tell me monkeyspoon, what are you going to do when the ps4 flops.
Also dont say it wont flop because you know it will.
So what exactly will you do once the ps4 flops? Will you be on the ps4 board desperately trying to defend it, will you be on this board continuing to troll, or will you sit back and quietly watch as gaming as we know it dies a slow death due to poor innovation software wise.
Any real gamer knows its software that moves systems and 1 or 2 amazing game a year combined on all systems ain't gonna cut it.

so far all we have to look forward to this year maybe is Destiny. i Have high hopes though for Defiance and Bioshock Infinite.
Watch dogs to if it comes out this year.
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it

User Info: STN79

STN79
4 years ago#12
The Xbox 360 and PS3 version has been reviewed by IGN and they say it's awful anyway.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/aliens-colonial-marines-360ps3-review

Even if the Wii U version were the best it'll be crap either way. Looks like it's just not a good game in general.

User Info: GoombaX

GoombaX
4 years ago#13
STN79 posted...
The Xbox 360 and PS3 version has been reviewed by IGN and they say it's awful anyway.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/aliens-colonial-marines-360ps3-review

Even if the Wii U version were the best it'll be crap either way. Looks like it's just not a good game in general.

i know its crap ( most games nowadays are anyways), but it looks pretty fun anyways.
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
4 years ago#14
GoombaX posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Sega prob expect such low sales that they cease working on it and cut their losses. Expect it to be cancelled.

Its a game nobody likes on a system nobody wants.

tell me monkeyspoon, what are you going to do when the ps4 flops.
Also dont say it wont flop because you know it will.
So what exactly will you do once the ps4 flops? Will you be on the ps4 board desperately trying to defend it, will you be on this board continuing to troll, or will you sit back and quietly watch as gaming as we know it dies a slow death due to poor innovation software wise.
Any real gamer knows its software that moves systems and 1 or 2 amazing game a year combined on all systems ain't gonna cut it.

Again, what if the PS4 doesnt flop? What will you say then?
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733

User Info: STN79

STN79
4 years ago#15
@ GoombaX

Well i guess you haven't played alot of games lately then. Some people like sifting through garbage though so have at it.
I remember when kids thought clay fighter was cool too.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
4 years ago#16
excitebike64 posted...
I really don't even believe the so called tester.

And if even true, most issues complained about could be being fixed.

The mini-games with the Gamepad is purely opinion, so that could be bad or the exact opposite, great.

I expect something better than what has been released, but also shy of being the quality they promised.

I can barely comprehend such unwarranted optimism. The developers of this game have shown nothing but contempt to their fans, to fans of Aliens, to the gaming industry in general - even to the other developers that they contracted most of the game out to. What could possibly make you think that they're fixing the Wii U version?

Not only that, but even though a small number of the flaws could perhaps be fixed, many of them are flaws that are inherent to the game (like the scripting or the types of enemies) or which would be expensive and difficult to fix at this point (like animations). To say that "most issues" could be fixed is really not true - not without rewriting much of the game from scratch, which they very clearly won't be doing just for the Wii U version.

The best you can hope for is for some token changes that improve some things, but even that's questionable. It's at least as likely that they'll release it unchanged and more likely, at this stage, that they'll just cancel it.

User Info: bratt100

bratt100
4 years ago#17
Eoin posted...
excitebike64 posted...
I really don't even believe the so called tester.

And if even true, most issues complained about could be being fixed.

The mini-games with the Gamepad is purely opinion, so that could be bad or the exact opposite, great.

I expect something better than what has been released, but also shy of being the quality they promised.

I can barely comprehend such unwarranted optimism. The developers of this game have shown nothing but contempt to their fans, to fans of Aliens, to the gaming industry in general - even to the other developers that they contracted most of the game out to. What could possibly make you think that they're fixing the Wii U version?

Not only that, but even though a small number of the flaws could perhaps be fixed, many of them are flaws that are inherent to the game (like the scripting or the types of enemies) or which would be expensive and difficult to fix at this point (like animations). To say that "most issues" could be fixed is really not true - not without rewriting much of the game from scratch, which they very clearly won't be doing just for the Wii U version.

The best you can hope for is for some token changes that improve some things, but even that's questionable. It's at least as likely that they'll release it unchanged and more likely, at this stage, that they'll just cancel it.

Or they could do what was done with ninja gaiden and fix the damn game.
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
4 years ago#18
bratt100 posted...

Do you really think that the issues that A:CM has are as easy to fix as the ones that NG3 had? Or that the developers are as competent? Or the publisher as invested in brand's reputation? Or even that the original version of A:CM is as good as the original version of NG3 (while obviously there's a level of subjectivity, A:CM had much worse review scores overall).

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying that it's extremely unlikely and that anyone expecting a noticeably better version of the game is letting optimism get the better of themselves.

User Info: bratt100

bratt100
4 years ago#19
Eoin posted...
bratt100 posted...

Do you really think that the issues that A:CM has are as easy to fix as the ones that NG3 had? Or that the developers are as competent? Or the publisher as invested in brand's reputation? Or even that the original version of A:CM is as good as the original version of NG3 (while obviously there's a level of subjectivity, A:CM had much worse review scores overall).

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying that it's extremely unlikely and that anyone expecting a noticeably better version of the game is letting optimism get the better of themselves.

Oh I'm not being optimistic, I fully expect the game to be cancelled but there is hope that they could fix it..however unlikely.
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.

User Info: AmishMechanic

AmishMechanic
4 years ago#20
tc u better b careful about playin shooters on the wii u

zombie u broke my console and this cud to the same 2 yours
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived