So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

User Info: Santo3485

Santo3485
4 years ago#21
Watch it be cancelled.
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.

User Info: Forgottonone

Forgottonone
4 years ago#22
See you in ten (forever)

User Info: Oni_Taedo

Oni_Taedo
4 years ago#23
GoombaX posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Sega prob expect such low sales that they cease working on it and cut their losses. Expect it to be cancelled.

Its a game nobody likes on a system nobody wants.

tell me monkeyspoon, what are you going to do when the ps4 flops.
Also dont say it wont flop because you know it will.
So what exactly will you do once the ps4 flops? Will you be on the ps4 board desperately trying to defend it, will you be on this board continuing to troll, or will you sit back and quietly watch as gaming as we know it dies a slow death due to poor innovation software wise.
Any real gamer knows its software that moves systems and 1 or 2 amazing game a year combined on all systems ain't gonna cut it.

It'll flop.
Mainly because of it's weak-ass CPU, the poor thing will break down and cry, when faced with 8 gigs of GDDR5.
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.

User Info: SixSixSevenEigh

SixSixSevenEigh
4 years ago#24
Oni_Taedo posted...
GoombaX posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Sega prob expect such low sales that they cease working on it and cut their losses. Expect it to be cancelled.

So what exactly will you do once the ps4 flops? Will you be on the ps4 board desperately trying to defend it, will you be on this board continuing to troll, or will you sit back and quietly watch as gaming as we know it dies a slow death due to poor innovation software wise.
Any real gamer knows its software that moves systems and 1 or 2 amazing game a year combined on all systems ain't gonna cut it.

It'll flop.
Mainly because of it's weak-ass CPU, the poor thing will break down and cry, when faced with 8 gigs of GDDR5.

I can't even begin to comprehend the stupidity of people on this board.
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
4 years ago#25
AdamLazaruso posted...
There hasn't been a lot of news but we do know that it's going to be the best version.

According to one of the devs, that's not really true. He said the Wii U version was actually going to be the worst one. Google it, you'll see the article.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue

User Info: Reece504

Reece504
4 years ago#26
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/rumour_aliens_colonial_marines_tester_says_wii_u_version_is_the_worst

also

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/14/aliens-colonial-marines-wii-u-postponed-indefinitely/

really dont be fooled like me AVP that came out in like 2010 is better than Alien colonial marines trust me i have both on 360 well had both i got rid of alien colonial marines its that bad gearbox just was cashing in on fans sad to say.
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 years ago#27
Eoin posted...
excitebike64 posted...
I really don't even believe the so called tester.

And if even true, most issues complained about could be being fixed.

The mini-games with the Gamepad is purely opinion, so that could be bad or the exact opposite, great.

I expect something better than what has been released, but also shy of being the quality they promised.

I can barely comprehend such unwarranted optimism. The developers of this game have shown nothing but contempt to their fans, to fans of Aliens, to the gaming industry in general - even to the other developers that they contracted most of the game out to. What could possibly make you think that they're fixing the Wii U version?

Not only that, but even though a small number of the flaws could perhaps be fixed, many of them are flaws that are inherent to the game (like the scripting or the types of enemies) or which would be expensive and difficult to fix at this point (like animations). To say that "most issues" could be fixed is really not true - not without rewriting much of the game from scratch, which they very clearly won't be doing just for the Wii U version.

The best you can hope for is for some token changes that improve some things, but even that's questionable. It's at least as likely that they'll release it unchanged and more likely, at this stage, that they'll just cancel it.

Demiurge is doing Wii U. Timegate did the more recently released game. Two different studios have been working on this from day one. I am sure there are some noticeable differences. That is actually why I never believed this so called "Tester" anyway. If the games are different enough, different release dates makes a lot of sense. Many seemed to see this as possible until the first one released, bombed with critics.
(message deleted)

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
4 years ago#29
excitebike64 posted...
Demiurge is doing Wii U. Timegate did the more recently released game. Two different studios have been working on this from day one. I am sure there are some noticeable differences.

It's beyond the boundaries of belief that Demiurge were hired by Gearbox to do anything other than take the code and get it working on Wii U. Gearbox have handled absolutely every single aspect of the entire project with incompetence and there is no reason to think that this would be any different.

Not only that, but Demiurge are a port studio. It's what they do, and while they are, I'm sure, fairly good at porting games, they are hardly likely to make ad hoc improvements to those games.

excitebike64 posted...
That is actually why I never believed this so called "Tester" anyway.

The tester was verified as a tester by a mod on Reddit. You don't have to put the word in quotation marks. It's a position that the person who posted (some of) the leaked information is verified to have held. It's also worth noting that everything that he said was either believable or proven correct - not one thing he said was later proven false. That's very much unlike the various verifiable lies that have come from Gearbox, who are the only source of the suggestion that the Wii U version was somehow better.

In other words, you seem to be choosing to believe confirmed liars over confirmed insiders who posted various pieces of information, much of which was confirmed as correct.

excitebike64 posted...
If the games are different enough, different release dates makes a lot of sense.

Yes, if you are hopelessly optimistic that perhaps the one thing Gearbox were telling the truth about was the Wii U version, then this particular interpretation makes sense. However, so does the more obvious and realistic explanation that Sega saw the horrendous reception that the other versions were getting and figured that releasing the Wii U version wasn't worth it at that time.

User Info: GoombaX

GoombaX
4 years ago#30
darkness1018 posted...
GoombaX posted...
monkeyspoon posted...

Again, what if the PS4 doesnt flop? What will you say then?

it is going to flop there is no what if's
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived