So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 years ago#41
Eoin posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Most testers are under paid, or not even paid individuals
Underpaid sure. Unpaid? Nonsense.

excitebike64 posted...
The general negatives only sounded like something anyone would say. Especially the comments about the WIiU gamepad only being used for quirky mini games.

I don't think you remember the comments properly. He was very specific.

excitebike64 posted...
Nothing about the comments sounded legit. Just sounded like added fuel with all the twisted negative news.

It sounded like it could be just someone jumping on the negative bandwagon or it could have been legit....until he was confirmed as a Sega tester, which strengthened his credibility immensely. Then after all his posts got deleted (which didn't exactly hurt his credibility), many of the things he said were independently confirmed by other leaks. We're not talking about someone making stuff up randomly. We're talking about someone who definitely worked for Sega and definitely was the first person on the internet to post some things about the game that have since been confirmed as true.

As I said, the only comments about the Wii U version being good have come from Gearbox - proven liars. Despite your unbacked claim to the contrary, not one thing posted by that tester has been shown to be a lie - yet it's his comments that you blindly disregard?

Depends what you mean by pay. I would want to be paid with cash, or it doesn't count. I just finished reading this book on how some testers from some companies literally just get free games and gear. That may not be common anymore, but seemed like a common practice to be mentioned in a book on video game history.

I read it. Nothing really sounded specific.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So any news on Aliens: Colonel Marines?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived