How will the upcoming 3D Mario take advantage of the gamepad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How will the upcoming 3D Mario take advantage of the gamepad?

User Info: darkqueenhelba

darkqueenhelba
4 years ago#1
2player? You guys have any thoughts as to what they might do?
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!

User Info: jeffmusta

jeffmusta
4 years ago#2
maybe there will be 2 dimensions - one you can see on the tv, the other on your gamepad

User Info: Virus66

Virus66
4 years ago#3
Well, Galaxy really didn't take advantage of the Wii mote in exciting ways... I mean... unless you liked the waggle for spinning. It wasn't obtrusive but it's not what made Galaxy great.

I'd expect more of a change in philosophy for their approach to level design that will make this Mario exciting, not the particular control method.
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#4
I can kinda see maybe something similar to say Four Swords Adventure
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: DemonDog666

DemonDog666
4 years ago#5
poorly

User Info: promo123

promo123
4 years ago#6
It probably won't, and I'm okay with that.
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!

User Info: Duce

Duce
4 years ago#7
Nintendo will release toys that you place on the gamepad screen for in game items or some other gimmick.

User Info: SharkbiteR6

SharkbiteR6
4 years ago#8
Its very possible Nintendo will want to be able to have the game support off-TV play, meaning the utilization of the gamepad when playing on TV cant be anything really critical or interesting....
Currently playing: Dead Space 3, Persona 4: Arena, Xenoblade Chronicles, Brigandine

User Info: darkqueenhelba

darkqueenhelba
4 years ago#9
I thought things like balancing on the Star ball were pretty cool in Galaxy. I had a tough time on that last one.
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!

User Info: Virus66

Virus66
4 years ago#10
Duce posted...
Nintendo will release toys that you place on the gamepad screen for in game items or some other gimmick.

That would be Pokemon Rumble...
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How will the upcoming 3D Mario take advantage of the gamepad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived