Not sure whether to get a Wii U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Not sure whether to get a Wii U

User Info: bksonic123

bksonic123
4 years ago#1
I apologise if this is not the correct place to post this.

I'm contemplating getting a Wii U as I have bought all of the main Nintendo consoles since the SNES (and main Sony consoles, but I digress).

However, there aren't many games which interest me right now. The only games which I am interested in are Super Mario Bros. U, LEGO City and Nintendoland.

On the other hand, I know for sure that there will be some awesome games in the future (Smash bros. U, Zelda, main Mario title, etc.)

My question is: should I get a Wii U now and at least try some of the games which are out now, or wait for the latter games to come out. Thanks.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#2
Ummm honestly I think maybe wait unless you do research on the current games out now.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 years ago#3
If you're not sure, then wait. Nothing says you have to choose between getting a Wii U now and not getting one ever.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: StealthTifa

StealthTifa
4 years ago#4
Wait till the real next gen mate.
GamerTag = Stealth David (Friends Request with no message = Decline)

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#5
StealthTifa posted...

Wii U is Next Gen
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: picano

picano
4 years ago#6
Wait. There is no point in buying a console if you don't have games to play on it.

I got mine at launch because I knew I'd enjoy the games that were out / coming out soon. If the same doesn't apply to you, don't; it's simple as that.
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!

User Info: bksonic123

bksonic123
4 years ago#7
picano posted...
Wait. There is no point in buying a console if you don't have games to play on it.

I got mine at launch because I knew I'd enjoy the games that were out / coming out soon. If the same doesn't apply to you, don't; it's simple as that.

There's a good sale in my local store and since it's inevitable that I'll get one, I'm just not sure if that time is now. Also, I don't want to risk buying a system which may have a hardware fault one or two years down the line (my old PS3 had the YLOD 3 years after I got it).

User Info: DelsinRowe

DelsinRowe
4 years ago#8
Baha05 posted...
StealthTifa posted...

Wii U is Next Gen

Ok I'll reword for him.
Wait till more powerful consoles come out in only half a year mate.
You are not in control.

User Info: fueled-system

fueled-system
4 years ago#9
If you are American get it on Black Friday

User Info: GameKing59

GameKing59
4 years ago#10
I'm for helping out the sales of the Wii U as much as possible. As for games. Well, right now, the Wii U has the games you mentioned, along with...

1.Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.
2.The Amazing Spider-Man.
3.Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.
4.Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
5.Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper.

And the current up-and-coming games are...

1.Need For Speed Most Wanted.
2.Injustice Gods Among Us.
3.Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Of course, it's entirely up to you.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Not sure whether to get a Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived