Revived IPs ideas (reimagining forgotten [nintendo] 2D games)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Revived IPs ideas (reimagining forgotten [nintendo] 2D games)

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
4 years ago#1
Ok, let's be completely honest...Nintendo has so many IPs they don't need to make new ones (and they still do...Xenoblade, Dillon, Sakurai [lol I'm keeping that name...anyways, Sakura Samurai], Pushmo&Crashmo, Harmoknight...).
All they need to do is pull a Mario 64/OoT/Metroid Prime/Kid Icarus Uprising on their old Intellectual Properties. Now, think a little...

(This thread is for coming up with new ways old and forgotten Nintendo franchises can work as modern games. Please, don't mention Metroid, F-Zero or Star Fox...)

All of the following ideas are for 3D games...obviously

-An open world StarTropics game with RPG elements, set in a modern world.Sorta like a less boring version of Uncharted.
-A Mother/Earthbound game (or remake, because we all know the creator's not making Mother 4) with cel-shaded graphics.
-A "Mystery of Murasame's Castle" (the game Takamaru's Ninja Castle came from) beat 'em up with lots of combos, upgrades for Takamaru's skills (and weapons and armors...), puzzles and tons of collectables.
-An open world Ice Climbers platformer with co-op (similar to Mario Galaxy, but with some combat/puzzle moments [you gotta use those hammers, after all], the open world is to make it as different to Mario as possible)
-A Devil World (use Wikipedia...) action/adventure game with RPG elements, bizarre/dark humor and HUGE boss battles. With a human/angel main character and Tamagon (the original Devil World's protagonist) as its partner.
-An open world Wild Gunman mission-based FPS, set in the wild west (duh), with some boss battles reminiscent of the original Wild Gunman game.
-A Mach Rider game similar to GTA or inFAMOUS. Set in a futuristic world, you decide whether to be a good cop...or a bad cop.

I think that's enough...I want to read more ideas not coming from my fingers, though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
4 years ago#2
Adventures of Lolo

+No changes, just the plain ordinary game with 100 new floors.
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"

Melkac
4 years ago#3
Lokarin posted...
Adventures of Lolo

Well, if you want the game to flop...

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
4 years ago#4
I prefer 2D.

Would like a new Wizards & Warriors game. Maybe they can buy it back from Rare or whoever currently has it.
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"

User Info: AkaneJones

AkaneJones
4 years ago#5
Melkac posted...

-An open world Ice Climbers platformer with co-op (similar to Mario Galaxy, but with some combat/puzzle moments [you gotta use those hammers, after all], the open world is to make it as different to Mario as possible)

What's with the open world sort of thing? I don't really see it that way anyway. I see the game as a platformer build around a mountain as a level. The areas of the level scale around the mountain upwards. The pteradons can act as check points, goal post in the level, and you can move backwards in the world quicky at them.

The gameplay itself revolves around Popo & Nana being tethered Smash Bros. style. However you can un tether them to use Popo or Nana interdependently. This allows for switchs, puzzles , and special skills the learn separately. But they loose some skills in the process, like Belay. The can of course smash ice and climb upwards but also use attacks to freeze enemies to move them as platform.

Other ideas are up to interpretation. But a end of a mountain would have a boss to defeat. Then you reach a larger Pterodon to a new mountain. Blah Blah some plot revolving around needing to find vegis or something.

The game isn't open world presay, but more set up for a long continuous level to get through a mountain. The mountains themselves are independent entities. If anything it's closer to Banjo Kazooie or DK64, but with a linear progression forwards.

Melkac
4 years ago#6
AkaneJones posted...
Melkac posted...

What's with the open world sort of thing? I don't really see it that way anyway. I see the game as a platformer build around a mountain as a level. The areas of the level scale around the mountain upwards. The pteradons can act as check points, goal post in the level, and you can move backwards in the world quicky at them.

The gameplay itself revolves around Popo & Nana being tethered Smash Bros. style. However you can un tether them to use Popo or Nana interdependently. This allows for switchs, puzzles , and special skills the learn separately. But they loose some skills in the process, like Belay. The can of course smash ice and climb upwards but also use attacks to freeze enemies to move them as platform.

Other ideas are up to interpretation. But a end of a mountain would have a boss to defeat. Then you reach a larger Pterodon to a new mountain. Blah Blah some plot revolving around needing to find vegis or something.

The game isn't open world presay, but more set up for a long continuous level to get through a mountain. The mountains themselves are independent entities. If anything it's closer to Banjo Kazooie or DK64, but with a linear progression forwards.

Well, that's why I said I wanted to hear...uh, read some ideas! Thanks for sharing your throughts, that sounds more like Ice Climbers to me (honestly I ran out of ideas back then lol)

User Info: Maximo37

Maximo37
4 years ago#7
Melkac posted...
Lokarin posted...
Adventures of Lolo

Well, if you want the game to flop...

I actually agree with Lokarin... Lolo w/100 new floors. The game is classic puzzling!

I want to see a reboot of Balloon Fight... the ORIGINAL, not the NintendoLand tribute... only this time give it online features, both co-op and competitive...
What a horrible night to have a curse...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Revived IPs ideas (reimagining forgotten [nintendo] 2D games)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived