Noticed a weird issue on my Gamepad's screen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Noticed a weird issue on my Gamepad's screen

User Info: zeldasho

zeldasho
4 years ago#1
Not sure if its common or something, but I just got around to setting my WiiU up again after a few weeks of being packed (No heat or extreme cold or anything).

Noticed the screen has these 2 noticeable spots that look something like a grease stain, but if I rub it they only spread, then go back into the original shape. It's not noticeable except in light, nor does it obstruct the screen. Still just seems odd.....
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 3, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH Tri, Persona 4 Golden

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
4 years ago#2
is the gamepad lcd?
cause that sounds like a leak if you an see it without a glare

User Info: thedeerzord

thedeerzord
4 years ago#3
Some pics or videos please?
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeldasho
4 years ago#4
http://imgur.com/pMimrrm

Its the spot on the right side, the best I could get it to show. In dull light it looks like a grease smudge or something, but in direct light it looks like rainbow colored, like oil or something that would leak out of your car after it hits the sidewalk.

Swear the WiiU has been the most problematic console for me. Broken AC Cable on launch day, dead pixel within a week, scuffed up console, and now this <_<

Also, theres a line about the same size on the other side of the screen too. The weird thing is if I touch the screen with the stylus, the smudge disappears, but then just reforms.
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 3, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH Tri, Persona 4 Golden

YoyokuKO
4 years ago#5
oh that...

we all have that
it just becomes apparent we you feel like a mother who looks away for 2 seconds

zeldasho
4 years ago#6
YoyokuKO posted...
oh that...

we all have that
it just becomes apparent we you feel like a mother who looks away for 2 seconds

Eh? It happens to all gamepads?

YoyokuKO
4 years ago#7
it doesn't happen
its always been there

zeldasho
4 years ago#8
YoyokuKO posted...
it doesn't happen
its always been there

Oh, so I guess its just part of that special display type the screen uses? Well I guess I'm glad I'm not hitting the defect jackpot. Was gonna rage right when I was getting prepared for Monster Hunter

User Info: Parapsyche

Parapsyche
4 years ago#9
I noticed the same thing on my Gamepad screen a few weeks ago, TC. Wondered what it was, checked the forums and found out that it was normal. Doesn't show up during gaming or anything, and I'd actually completely forgotten about it until seeing this topic.

Anyway, nothing to worry about it seems. Don't rage, and enjoy your Monster Hunter in a couple of days. I know I will! :)

User Info: Ompimec

Ompimec
4 years ago#10
I noticed this not long ago (maybe three weeks ago) on mine, and I was a little scared at first. The next day, I couldn't find it at all. I haven't seen it since. I really don't know what it is, but it doesn't seem to be indicative of any real issues.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Noticed a weird issue on my Gamepad's screen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived