Game Pad wont turn on?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Game Pad wont turn on?

User Info: wingzero2099

wingzero2099
4 years ago#1
Havent used my WiiU in about a month, went to turn it on today and now my game pad wont turn on at all. I tried unplugging the battery for about 10-15 seconds then reconnecting it to no avail. Also tried the obvious plugging it into the AC adapter. Anyone know what else could be wrong with it, or am I stuck having to send it in to Nintendo for repair?
XBL/PSN: wingzero2099

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
4 years ago#2
the gamepad needs a charge?
its drains even if off

wingzero2099
4 years ago#3
its been plugged in for about 30m now and still nothing -_- guess i wont be playing my wiiu for a while

User Info: overkillwfo1978

overkillwfo1978
4 years ago#4
There is a well known issue that happened to me a month or so ago. After not playing my Wii U for several weeks, I wanted to finish NSMBU, so I noticed my gamepad would not turn on or take a charge. The solution to this problem is to find an extremely small "eyeglass" size screwdriver, remove the back plate, take out the battery, wait a couple minutes and plug it back in.

Your gamepad should accept a charge and work correctly. This worked for me anyways.
But the PS4 has GDDR5 RAM. That's 2 more than DDR3! I bet PCs will take at least 5 years to catch up to this beast.
- SUPER3METROIDX

wingzero2099
4 years ago#5
yeah i just tried leaving the battery disconnected for a good 10 minutes. i'll just call nintendo in the morning. thanks anyway

User Info: NeojianX

NeojianX
4 years ago#6
I believe the PS4 will have problems also. This gen is worse than the one before it and the WiiU is the lead for the even worse next gen. The Vita also. I/m enjoying my PSP3001 much more on the go and mostly on my SD and HDTVs.
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Game Pad wont turn on?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived