No games.. No advertising...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No games.. No advertising...

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
4 years ago#1
It's obvious sales are going to be shocking. I bet by June the system starts to pick up. Once Pikmin, W101, Lego, MH, Wii fit U and whatever else is out they will finally have something to advertise for it.
---
Was on twitter last night and Simon Pegg (actor from films like Shaun of the dead/Hot Fuzz/Run fat boy Run) was tweeting about how he finally got one and was loving ZombIU... That's the biggest piece of advertising I've seen for the Wii U... Well, next to the Amazon Lovefilm adverts that highlight the Wii U as being a totally different system to the Wii
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing

User Info: KAMMYqueen

KAMMYqueen
4 years ago#2
they been advertising Lego city alot
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!

User Info: suprsolider

suprsolider
4 years ago#3
Why can't Nintendo fans accept that Nintendo has botched this?

It is the Dreamcast all over again. It's only going to get worse folks, you got a lame duck console.

Nintendo deliberately made a underpowered console because they are too out of touch with gamers that they think everyone is going to buy into the tablet pad gimmick.

Once the new systems come out, Wii U will be just like the Wii all over again, full of shovelware while everyone else is gaming on those.

Nintendo needs to pull their heads out of their ass and get with the times. Casuals don't buy games, they always go for the latest fads. It is just a simple fact Nintendo can't seem to grasp.
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105

wingo84
4 years ago#4
KAMMYqueen posted...
they been advertising Lego city alot

That in US? I know the game comes out almost 2 weeks before EU. There has been some Internet stuff over here but no TV spots that I've seen.
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 years ago#5
Because Nintendo fans aren't as shortsighted as you are.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

wingo84
4 years ago#6
suprsolider posted...
Why can't Nintendo fans accept that Nintendo has botched this?

It is the Dreamcast all over again. It's only going to get worse folks, you got a lame duck console.

Nintendo deliberately made a underpowered console because they are too out of touch with gamers that they think everyone is going to buy into the tablet pad gimmick.

Once the new systems come out, Wii U will be just like the Wii all over again, full of shovelware while everyone else is gaming on those.

Nintendo needs to pull their heads out of their ass and get with the times. Casuals don't buy games, they always go for the latest fads. It is just a simple fact Nintendo can't seem to grasp.

I don't even know where to start with how pathetic this sounds.

The launch was botched. The console is fine.
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
4 years ago#7
In the US I've seen a lot of commercials for Lego City on Cartoon Network. Here on GameFAQs I'm frequently seeing the Monster Hunter banner. It's a bit invasive as it keeps extending down and covering the message board window. The Monster Hunter banner is pretty "In your face! Look at me!" on this site.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 years ago#8
wingo84 posted...

Is that why developers are actively avoiding making games for it? Dead Island, Saints Row, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Crysis - all could have been system sellers, enhanced graphics (compared to PS3/360), enhanced gameplay with the tablet. But they just aren't interested in learning a new system that will be vastly outdated by the end of this year when the actual next-gen consoles come out.

Developers don't want to have to downsize their games to make it work on weaker systems, that's what the problem with the Wii was. They should have released this console instead of the Wii.
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay

wingo84
4 years ago#9
Jason_Hudson posted...
wingo84 posted...

Is that why developers are actively avoiding making games for it? Dead Island, Saints Row, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Crysis - all could have been system sellers, enhanced graphics (compared to PS3/360), enhanced gameplay with the tablet. But they just aren't interested in learning a new system that will be vastly outdated by the end of this year when the actual next-gen consoles come out.

Developers don't want to have to downsize their games to make it work on weaker systems, that's what the problem with the Wii was. They should have released this console instead of the Wii.

What's the point of three consoles existing if they all have the same games?
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. No games.. No advertising...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived