So I was at EB Games..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So I was at EB Games..

User Info: blinkfreak

blinkfreak
3 years ago#11
I wonder how well the system would sell if Nintendo just rebranded it and changed absolutely nothing but the name.

I know a few grown adults that play games that still have no idea what Wii U is or how it is different from a Wii.

User Info: mashu

mashu
3 years ago#12
I'm fond of Revolution. That was a good console name. I don't like Wii U as a name at all and I'm not convinced (unlike the PlayStation with numbers, where its obvious) that its altogether clear its a new system, due to how the Wii had so many things called Wii [something]. So even though I think there are other things working against the Wii U right now, branding and lack of marketing is a bit of it.

Not much, sadly, to market right now though. Maybe save it for the upcoming holiday season, when post-E3 games are coming up and some of the late-year titles we know about are out. The timing would be a bit better and maybe they are waiting for that.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So I was at EB Games..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived