I thought PS3 download speeds and installs were slow. Wii U is 10 times worse.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I thought PS3 download speeds and installs were slow. Wii U is 10 times worse.

User Info: greatone101

greatone101
4 years ago#1
I am so surprised on how slow downloads are on the Wii U. It took me over 2 hours to download Nintendo Land and around 45 mins to downloads the MH Demo. Now i know its not my connection speed test on my laptop or smart phone are around 20-30mbps so i really dont know whats wrong.

Now as i type this message i am installing Nintendo Land.
http://i.imgur.com/WvNPwDR.jpg
And its taking forever. At the time of the pic it was less than hour and a half now its 1:45 remaining. I wonder how long would it take for a 15GB game to install? 2 weeks?

I used to complain about how bad PS3 install times and download speed was but its way better than the Wii U. Maybe this is just another reason why the Wii U is failing in sales.

User Info: Pete41608

Pete41608
4 years ago#2
Took me 15 hours to download Lego City Undercover (19GB) and another 25 minutes to install.
Wii U/PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418

User Info: The_Boredoms

The_Boredoms
4 years ago#3
Yeah, it's really bad. I prefer to download games, but I could drive to the store and back twenty times during the course of a single download on this system.

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
4 years ago#4
Are you guys using wired or wifi connections?
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz

greatone101
4 years ago#5
Now the estimated install time for Nintendo Land is 4 hours. LOL

User Info: GoombaX

GoombaX
4 years ago#6
only took me 20 mins to download and install monster hunter demo
get better internet
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it

User Info: tizzywilkillyou

tizzywilkillyou
4 years ago#7
I don't know; I've had things to fast(ish) and had things go slow.

The Monster Hunter demo took me 30 minutes for download+install. The FIFA demo took almost 90 minutes for the same.

greatone101
4 years ago#8
GoombaX posted...
get better internet

How can it be my internet when i can download a 10GB game of steam in less than 2 hours? Or a full size PS3 game that is around 20GB in around 5 hours.

And how does internet speeds affect install times on the Wii U?

User Info: Infiniterran

Infiniterran
4 years ago#9
GoombaX posted...
get better internet

Troll ^

Wii U has pretty long install speeds and online speed is a lot lower than competing platforms.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these

User Info: mmarkster

mmarkster
4 years ago#10
greatone101 posted...
I am so surprised on how slow downloads are on the Wii U. It took me over 2 hours to download Nintendo Land and around 45 mins to downloads the MH Demo. Now i know its not my connection speed test on my laptop or smart phone are around 20-30mbps so i really dont know whats wrong.

Now as i type this message i am installing Nintendo Land.
http://i.imgur.com/WvNPwDR.jpg
And its taking forever. At the time of the pic it was less than hour and a half now its 1:45 remaining. I wonder how long would it take for a 15GB game to install? 2 weeks?

I used to complain about how bad PS3 install times and download speed was but its way better than the Wii U. Maybe this is just another reason why the Wii U is failing in sales.

How is slow downloads affecting Wii U sales?
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo Universe = win!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I thought PS3 download speeds and installs were slow. Wii U is 10 times worse.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived