When do they plan on selling gamepads separately?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When do they plan on selling gamepads separately?

User Info: STN79

STN79
4 years ago#1
I'm already having problems with mine losing it's connection to the console. It even happens in the same room when not directly facing the system from two feet away. If i called Nintendo they'd just give me the same trouble shooting advice i could find on google or they'd want me to ship away the whole system. I'd rather just buy a new gamepad but i can't even do that because they don't sell them for some reason. Can you order one from Nintendo's web site or something?

User Info: CHAINMAILLEKID

CHAINMAILLEKID
4 years ago#2
How do you even know the game pad is the problem?
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656

User Info: Faceman_

Faceman_
4 years ago#3
Sounds like a personal problem

STN79
4 years ago#4
Well i'm pretty sure. The only thing i haven't tried is removing the battery and resyncing or moving the Wii U to another room.
Even if i barely shake the pad it cuts out.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
4 years ago#5
Until games start to make use of multiple game pads, there's no real business sense for retailers to stock game pads.

User Info: JulesNeci

JulesNeci
4 years ago#6
STN79 posted...
Well i'm pretty sure. The only thing i haven't tried is removing the battery and resyncing or moving the Wii U to another room.
Even if i barely shake the pad it cuts out.

That's not the ONLY thing you haven't tried. You listed THREE things. Know not you how to count?
I own both the Vita and the Wii U. Judge me.
On second note, I feel like I'm the only girl on Miiverse. :|

STN79
4 years ago#7
Fine the only "THINGS" i haven't tried. Happy now?

Well anyway now all i haven't done is remove the battery and i really doubt that will do squat.
I really think my controller is defective at this point. Screw it i'm callin Nintendo.
They better not need my entire console when all i want is a working controller. This is exactly why those things should be sold separately. Any other system gets a broken one and you just go buy another. I know it won't be cheap but it's better than shipping away my brand new system that can stll be played fine with a pro controller for the most part.

User Info: Socran

Socran
4 years ago#8
You've been asking about this for almost a week now. If you had sent it in to begin with, you'd have it back by now. Remember, buying a seperate pad would cost you $80 minimum. Would you seriously rather pay that than go without the system for under a week?

(Removing the battery does far more than "squat", however. Never underestimate electronics' ability to stay on even when it's in the off position.)
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: Petey_Meanis

Petey_Meanis
4 years ago#9
This is exactly why those things should be sold separately.

So you'd be willing to pay $140 for a new one rather than getting the one you have repaired/replaced for free since it's under warranty?

smh.

Remember, buying a seperate pad would cost you $80 minimum.

They cost $140 new if you need to buy a replacement from Nintendo.
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. When do they plan on selling gamepads separately?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived