Headset

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Silentdaze

Silentdaze
4 years ago#1
Will any headset with a mic work with the Wii U? I'm thinking about getting the Sennheiser "PC" gaming headset
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727, NintendoID: the1graz (friend me through Miiverse)

User Info: mrpants_again

mrpants_again
4 years ago#2
As far as I knew, I believe so. However, I don't know how many games support voice chat.
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g

User Info: Silentdaze

Silentdaze
4 years ago#3
Looking to try out Monster Hunter's online. I tried playing Trine 2 with just the built in mic, and it was a bit muffled
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727, NintendoID: the1graz (friend me through Miiverse)

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
4 years ago#4
I might be wrong, but I don't think that USB chat headsets Works with the Wii U. You need one with a 4 poled mini-Jack plug.
I got this one at Gamestop and it just Work like a charm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/nikra/WiiU_Chat_headset_zps5b1340c4.jpg

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
4 years ago#5
Nikra posted...
I might be wrong, but I don't think that USB chat headsets Works with the Wii U. You need one with a 4 poled mini-Jack plug.
I got this one at Gamestop and it just Work like a charm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/nikra/WiiU_Chat_headset_zps5b1340c4.jpg

I'm looking at getting that, but I heard that the cord is really short.

Is it long enough that you can say, attach it to a smartphone and put it in your pocket without problems?
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude

Nikra
4 years ago#6
Yor're right, it is short. But since you attach it to the gamepad, then it is not that big a deal imo.
It's about 1.10 meter long (110 centimeters), so as for the smartphone it shouldn't be a problem.

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
4 years ago#7
Nikra posted...
Yor're right, it is short. But since you attach it to the gamepad, then it is not that big a deal imo.
It's about 1.10 meter long (110 centimeters), so as for the smartphone it shouldn't be a problem.

Thing is, I'm mainly using it for Monster Hunter and my Gamepad is setting on the table a bit aways from me cause I'm using the Pro Controller.

Guess I could always just put the Gamepad on my lap while I play.

Question though for an audio noob: Do I need to buy a specific type of extension cable for it?
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude

Nikra
4 years ago#8
You need a "4 poled mini-Jack" extension cable for it. They are not easy to come by. I haven't succeding in finding one yet anywhere.
When I play CoD: BO II, I do what you do, since I play that with the Nunchuck/Wiimote. I keep the gamepad in my lap.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived