Things PS3 has/does that Wii U doesn't

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Things PS3 has/does that Wii U doesn't

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
4 years ago#1
So I'll get right to it. Note that some stuff isnt relevant so it won't be included (like plays PS1 games). Also some real minor stuff I won't mention (PS3 supports printers!). Note that PS3 released in 2006, Wii U 2012. Here we go...

* Wii U can't rip CDs to the system. Can't transfer any music to the system. Doesn't allow you to use your own music in game. Wii U obviously hates music.

* Wii U can't play DVDs or Blu Ray discs. No form of movie playback aside from Netflix/Hulu etc.

* Account tied to the system on Wii U, not the person. Games only downloadable on one system per account.

* PSN offers downloadable movies to rent or own. The prices suck but the option is there.

* PSN offers Playstation Plus, a premium service that offers free games and special discounts. As well as automatic downloads and cloud storage for game saves.

* Wii U doesnt allow the use of Bluetooth headsets.

* No trophy/achievement system on Wii U.

* PS3 allows you to rip your digital photos to your system, for viewing and altering on the big screen.

* PS3 browser allows you to download certain files like music or movies. Although Wii U browser is much superior obviously.

* PS3 models offer much more storage space via HDD out of the box than Wii U, which almost requires you purchase additional external HDD.

* PS3 lets you play games in 3D, if supported by the game and your TV.

* PS3 has a digital optical out port for home sound systems, and supports Dolby formats.

* No ethernet port built in on Wii U, additional purchase required for that functionality.

* PS3 allows downloads for some 6th gen games (PS2). No GCN games to download on Wii U.

* PS3 has all the latest 3rd party big game releases, like Bioshock, DMC, MGR, DS3 etc.

* DLC is a lock on PS3. Usually doesn't release for Wii U games.

I'm sure I missed some, but really, the list is quite long as is.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#2
Ok and? What's the point of this topic?
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
4 years ago#3
Baha05 posted...

He's a little insecure that's all.

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
4 years ago#4
You're not wrong, TC. The PS3 does offer a lot more than the Wii U in terms of software, services, and functionality, but this probably would have been better posted in one of the many "Wii U is too expensive" threads as opposed to making an entirely new topic about it.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.

User Info: 258laza

258laza
4 years ago#5
While everything here is true, you are missing a few things:

1. Nintendo

2. I will say it again(who knows, maybe I can make this topic span to 69 posts like the last one >.>)

Sony doesn't have enough hate.

And you know what

It never will.
The official Arc of the Final Fantasy XV boards!

User Info: greatone101

greatone101
4 years ago#6
Baha05 posted...

The point is he is saying the Wii U should have had some or most of these features. I own both a Wii U and PS3 and its so sad to call a Wii U next gen.

Even though Wii U graphics are slightly better than PS3 i still think the PS3 is more "next gen" than the Wii U.

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
4 years ago#7
I typed that on my Wii U. I just now realized how many features the Wii U is lacking compared to a console that is so old, figured I would bring it up.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#8
greatone101 posted...
The point is he is saying the Wii U should have had some or most of these features. I own both a Wii U and PS3 and its so sad to call a Wii U next gen.

Even though Wii U graphics are slightly better than PS3 i still think the PS3 is more "next gen" than the Wii U.

It's called updates and not all systems are the same.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
4 years ago#9
PS3ssurance threads aren't allowed here. Only Wiisurrance threads.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
4 years ago#10
Oh dear. If the PS3's agitation of the 360 board isn't enough...
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Things PS3 has/does that Wii U doesn't

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived