Frozen during "game" instillation, here is what worked for me.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Frozen during "game" instillation, here is what worked for me.

User Info: _Thr33_

_Thr33_
4 years ago#1
I downloaded Wii Street U. After a fast download, I went to install. It did a little bit of the installation then froze and the time counter kept going up, and reached about five hours before I knew something wasn't right. I also knew if I turned it off, I would have bricked my Wii U and who wants that? Yet, Nintendo support was not open to call at the time.

I searched and found a thread on Nintendo's support forms where a poster made a suggestion about putting a game disc, or ejecting if you doing an install FROM a disc and it WORKED. The funny thing is I had NO game disc inside the machine, this was all done on the eShop. My Wii U just decided to freeze up upon instillation of a downloadable game and putting a disc in got the install to "pick-up" again and before you knew it, I was safe.

I hope others find this post. This will work.
This space is so useful.

User Info: Faceman_

Faceman_
4 years ago#2
Turning off your Wii U while installing will only brick it if it's a system update. Worst case scenario for an app is that you have to redownload it.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Frozen during "game" instillation, here is what worked for me.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived