So what exactly is Satoru Shibata thinking?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So what exactly is Satoru Shibata thinking?

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
4 years ago#1
NoE has been noticeably better than NoA lately. And this guy even showed up in a Nintendo Direct once. But why the hell did they bring the Wii mini over to the UK? What market research made them think it would be a good idea? The Wii isn't getting any games in the future (outside of Japan). I'm surprised the thing even saw success in Canada.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666

User Info: 21_21

21_21
4 years ago#2
Because people are still too busy buying a Wii over WiiU regardless of the remaining lifespan. Might as well take advantage of that fact while you're at it.
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited

User Info: shaunme

shaunme
4 years ago#3
the wii mini was a horrible idea, competing with yourself.
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
4 years ago#4
shaunme posted...

They need to focus everything on Wii U instead of being stuck in the past with the Wii. Why bring out and market an old console when their new one is sinking is beyond me.
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing

User Info: DBPanterA

DBPanterA
4 years ago#5
wingo84 posted...
shaunme posted...

They need to focus everything on Wii U instead of being stuck in the past with the Wii. Why bring out and market an old console when their new one is sinking is beyond me.

I agree to an extent they need to focus their energy on Wii U. However, I bet that Wii Mini is a pure profit generator. Think about it. It is completely stripped of everything and most likely costs Nintendo very little to manufacture, and every time one is sold they make a ton of profit.
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036

User Info: shaunme

shaunme
4 years ago#6
DBPanterA posted...
wingo84 posted...
shaunme posted...

I agree to an extent they need to focus their energy on Wii U. However, I bet that Wii Mini is a pure profit generator. Think about it. It is completely stripped of everything and most likely costs Nintendo very little to manufacture, and every time one is sold they make a ton of profit.

like the wii u then
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So what exactly is Satoru Shibata thinking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived