Are some people actually AGAINST an achievement system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Are some people actually AGAINST an achievement system?

User Info: CaioNV

CaioNV
4 years ago#1
I love them so much, I truly want Nintendo to add it.
The first game that I ever played with achievements was... Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. A Wii game! I loved it, both basic achievements (kill boss on a certain difficulty, kill a boss on a higher difficulty) and the crazy friends voucher-thing. /coolstorybro
Anyway, I think it is likely that Nintendo may add it in the future. Does someone hope that this does NOT happen?
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png

User Info: SaintZetsu

SaintZetsu
4 years ago#2
If the achievements stay within the game and aren't part of some points system, that's fine. It's stupid to buy games just to rack up achievement points.
Yes, I am a squirrel gamer, yes I love videogames, no you can't have my number or take my nuts.

User Info: HaloOfTheSun442

HaloOfTheSun442
4 years ago#3
I really don't care.

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
4 years ago#4
Yes some people are. You should have seen the amount of pissed off Nintendo fans when we thought the Wii U was getting them.
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
4 years ago#5
Some people are adamant against it, yes. Options are a good thing, so I don't really see the problem.

Myself? I prefer unlockables and could care less. I usually ignore achievements in most games. Usually.
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666

User Info: Duce

Duce
4 years ago#6
Nintendo fanboys are against achievement system because Nintendo didn't come up with the idea first.

User Info: shaunme

shaunme
4 years ago#7
Baha is against it simply because Wii U doesn't have it.
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//

User Info: bskiffington

bskiffington
4 years ago#8
Im not against it but I also don't feel like it's required like some people do. The Wii U not having achievements isn't a huge deal, developers could include them in their games on their own if they really wanted to (like the Medal system in Pokmeon Black and White 2).

User Info: jsb0714

jsb0714
4 years ago#9
I'm not against them but I don't see the need to raise a stink about them either.
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this

User Info: Kiro_nami

Kiro_nami
4 years ago#10
HaloOfTheSun442 posted...
I really don't care.
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Are some people actually AGAINST an achievement system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived