Wii U should have more retro/old-school gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U should have more retro/old-school gaming

User Info: Emerald_Melios

Emerald_Melios
4 years ago#1
The best part of the Wii, for me, was the resurrection of side-scrolling platform games (i.e. 2D playing field) from the SNES days. Throwbacks like these were great; I feel the Wii U should continue that trend and resurrect more ideas from the NES/SNES/Genesis era.

In addition, I'd like to see it bring back ideas from the PS1/PS2 era, particularly when it comes to console RPGs, something that was driven off to the handheld market. And everyone insists that 3DS/Vita aren't consoles.

I mean seriously, all that whining about third-party support makes it seem like people want this system to have the exact same games as on RRROD 360 or Nextbox. This Xbox hegemony is tiresome.

User Info: lowuw

lowuw
4 years ago#2
We need 2d beat em ups to make a comeback.

Emerald_Melios
4 years ago#3
lowuw posted...
We need 2d beat em ups to make a comeback.

You mean like Double Dragon?

User Info: MechaKoopa5000

MechaKoopa5000
4 years ago#4
It's well on it's way already. DuckTales Remastered and ShovelKnight both look incredible. I'm still hopefully for a retro Mega Man 11 or Mega Man X game in the next few years, too. That new 2D Yoshi game's coming soonish, too.

User Info: S_Brick

S_Brick
4 years ago#5
Yes, definitely! My personal prediction is we're going to get a lot of experimental and niche titles on Wii U, as it seems a lot of mainstream titles will be skipping the console. But really this isn't too far outside the norm for Nintendo, though, I think it will be somewhat more pronounced this generation.

Emerald_Melios
4 years ago#6
S_Brick posted...
Yes, definitely! My personal prediction is we're going to get a lot of experimental and niche titles on Wii U, as it seems a lot of mainstream titles will be skipping the console. But really this isn't too far outside the norm for Nintendo, though, I think it will be somewhat more pronounced this generation.

I'd certainly rather have that than the overhyped "multiplats" everyone treats as sacred.

User Info: Garfield64

Garfield64
4 years ago#7
Get a Vita if you want Retro Gaming.
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!

Emerald_Melios
4 years ago#8
Garfield64 posted...

So....should I take this is as an admission that console gaming is a worse experience than handhelds? The irrational resistance to anything reminiscent of PS2 and earlier systems seems to underscore how unpleasant the console gamers are.

User Info: Ghost-inZeShell

Ghost-inZeShell
4 years ago#9
Nintendo's 30th anniversary sale.
Retro NES and SNES titles on sale for 30 for 30 days each.

Super Metroid is coming in May.

User Info: Garfield64

Garfield64
4 years ago#10
Emerald_Melios posted...
Garfield64 posted...

So....should I take this is as an admission that console gaming is a worse experience than handhelds? The irrational resistance to anything reminiscent of PS2 and earlier systems seems to underscore how unpleasant the console gamers are.

I'm saying retro gaming is something I love and with sheer insane number of old ports and indie games Vita is getting. It's great for retro gamers.

If you want SNES/NES era get a razer blade and emulators.
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U should have more retro/old-school gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived