Bad idea to keep gamepad plugged in always?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Bad idea to keep gamepad plugged in always?

User Info: geddoe_1027

geddoe_1027
3 years ago#1
I have my Wii U hooked up to my pc monitor, so I don't NEED the wireless capability of the gamepad. Would it be a bad idea to have the gamepad always charging while playing? I find it a nuisance to keep charging it every few hours. I don't want it to turn into my laptop where it does not function without it being plugged in though.
You're trolling. - Everyone

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
3 years ago#2
Supposedly it's bad for the battery and it uses electricity constantly but I still do it.
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U

User Info: vidalmoraza

vidalmoraza
3 years ago#3
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Supposedly it's bad for the battery and it uses electricity constantly but I still do it.

If they give a charge cradle with the black Wii U, means the battery cuts charging once is 100% and only uses a tiny % of electricity to stay ready, same than the 3DS, mine has been (when not in use) 100% of the time in the cradle in sleep mode, since launch day and the battery life is still the same than day 1, not hurt or something....
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 years ago#4
I understood it was a problem for batteries long ago, but hasn't the tech advanced enough to prevent charge degradation (at least not nearly as much as they used to)?
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: SuperShadowAce

SuperShadowAce
3 years ago#5
DiscostewSM posted...
I understood it was a problem for batteries long ago, but hasn't the tech advanced enough to prevent charge degradation (at least not nearly as much as they used to)?

Nope.
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.

User Info: manji

manji
3 years ago#6
i have to keep it plugged in for monster hunter and i just never unplug it because it's an extra step i don't feel like taking. press play and go.

User Info: TheStarCore

TheStarCore
3 years ago#7
I keep mine plugged in 100% of the time, maybe it's bad for the battery but there will never be a time where I need to take my Gamepad further away since it isn't a handheld.

User Info: CHAINMAILLEKID

CHAINMAILLEKID
3 years ago#8
Its not bad for the battery.
It hasn't been since the DS Phat.

The article I wrote on battery maintenance was stickied on Tech-sider for two years.
;)
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656

User Info: Nerdstick

Nerdstick
3 years ago#9
Don't worry about the battery. You'll want to replace it with that Nyko Power Pak when it comes out anyways.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Bad idea to keep gamepad plugged in always?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived