Ocarina of Time bad port on WIi or just WIi U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Ocarina of Time bad port on WIi or just WIi U?

User Info: EternalWolf

EternalWolf
3 years ago#1
There are some pretty noticeable audio glitches when playing OoT on the VC, but I have never had this game on a regular Wii so I dont know if its normal. Also, when you go to the WIi menu and then go back to the game, you get a black screen. The Wii Menu isnt even displayed properly either, it doesnt fill the screen like it does in SM64 and every other VC game I have played.

Just wondering if this is normal for everyone or not. If you dont check on your Wii U or if this wasnt a known issue on the Wii as well then I dont care what your answer/opinion is. Just asking here before I call Nintendo about this.

User Info: zatOMG

zatOMG
3 years ago#2
Just call them. Why would you ask a board full of asses?

User Info: RockD79

RockD79
3 years ago#3
EternalWolf posted...
There are some pretty noticeable audio glitches when playing OoT on the VC, but I have never had this game on a regular Wii so I dont know if its normal. Also, when you go to the WIi menu and then go back to the game, you get a black screen. The Wii Menu isnt even displayed properly either, it doesnt fill the screen like it does in SM64 and every other VC game I have played.

Just wondering if this is normal for everyone or not. If you dont check on your Wii U or if this wasnt a known issue on the Wii as well then I dont care what your answer/opinion is. Just asking here before I call Nintendo about this.

To be honest I haven't tested my VC games on the U yet. They're there but just haven't putz with them yet. The audio glitch I don't recall having that issue before on my Wii's VC but I do remember that Majora's Mask had a notice upon purchase that it had some minor audio glitches. Nothing too terrible though. What's the audio glitch doing on your VC?
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, next up: N4SU... unless Target.com fumbles my order.

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
3 years ago#4
I know that Majora's Mask had audio issues on the VC (and on the Zelda Collection disc for GCN). Not sure about OoT. I know it played fine in the collection, but I never played it on VC.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.

User Info: Stejpan

Stejpan
3 years ago#5
It's emulation - even most PC based N64 emulators have glitches because they aim for speed rather than accuracy.
Now playing: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3), Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WiiU), Keio Yuugekitai (MCD)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Ocarina of Time bad port on WIi or just WIi U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived