people that've spent a lot of time with both the x360 and WiiU Pro controllers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. people that've spent a lot of time with both the x360 and WiiU Pro controllers
(message deleted)
Prince Shondronai 4 years ago#2
It takes a little getting used to, having the right analog stick above the buttons, but it felt natural to me after only a short while. I can switch back and forth between the two easily, now.
One of us. One of us. One of us.

User Info: sixdeadpixels

sixdeadpixels
4 years ago#3
Just FYI, MadCatz had announced a Wii U Pro style controller with the Xbox stick/button positions. This probably doesn't help much, but I thought would mention it for anyone interested. No idea if it will ever see the light of day.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: twistedreality1

twistedreality1
4 years ago#4
Only thing that throws me off is the abxy order
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
4 years ago#5
I think your first concern should be if the WiiU Pro controller can function as an XInput device

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
4 years ago#6
Seeing as how the WIi Mote and Nunchuk work perfectly fine with Dolphin, I'd just wait a month or so and see if someone figures out how to make the controller work with PC.

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
4 years ago#7
PraetorXyn posted...
Seeing as how the WIi Mote and Nunchuk work perfectly fine with Dolphin, I'd just wait a month or so and see if someone figures out how to make the controller work with PC.

Whoops, I was gone for a while

The thing is, Wiimote/Nunchuck isnt using XInput device. it's working natively with the wii emulator

many PC games uses XInput and that's something that could be a hassle to set up.
im sure dolphin will get updated to support it naturally which will be sweet

User Info: Pendragoon

Pendragoon
4 years ago#8
sixdeadpixels posted...
Just FYI, MadCatz had announced a Wii U Pro style controller with the Xbox stick/button positions. This probably doesn't help much, but I thought would mention it for anyone interested. No idea if it will ever see the light of day.

I have yet to see a third party controller with no deadzones, so I'm not going to get excited. (360 layout is best for third person adventures like Batman AC or AC3, Wii U is best for shooters, parallel sticks just make for a better experience)
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709

User Info: sixdeadpixels

sixdeadpixels
4 years ago#9
Pendragoon posted...

I have yet to see a third party controller with no deadzones, so I'm not going to get excited. (360 layout is best for third person adventures like Batman AC or AC3, Wii U is best for shooters, parallel sticks just make for a better experience)

I have never bought a third-party controller, but since they were discussing their preference/familiarity with the Xbox controller layout, I thought it was worth a mention. I know a lot of people seem to like that controller/layout for whatever reason.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: RockD79

RockD79
4 years ago#10
Remembering the old SNES layout vs the Xbox layout only took an hour or so. I played 3/4 of Assassins Creed 3 with the Pro Controller. The analog stick layout wasn't tough to get used to. What shocked me was 25hrs in I still had half of a charge left in the Pro Controller. Not too shabby.
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, next up: N4SU... unless Target.com fumbles my order.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. people that've spent a lot of time with both the x360 and WiiU Pro controllers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived