Nintendo Wii U Storage Expansion FAQ V2.0

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo Wii U Storage Expansion FAQ V2.0

User Info: KingFelix59

KingFelix59
2 years ago#121
Someone on another size recommended a SanDisc Cruzer Fit as a Flash Drive option and said it worked just fine for them. I bought a 32GB one off of Amazon a few days ago for $15 and so far it works perfectly.

User Info: 8waystomonday

8waystomonday
2 years ago#122
KingFelix59 posted...
Someone on another size recommended a SanDisc Cruzer Fit as a Flash Drive option and said it worked just fine for them. I bought a 32GB one off of Amazon a few days ago for $15 and so far it works perfectly.

Thanks just picked up the 64 gb version
"Sugar enriched flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growin' boy needs."

KingFelix59
2 years ago#123
8waystomonday posted...
KingFelix59 posted...

How is it working out for you? Mine still seems to be working perfectly fine... No slowdowns, glitches, no problems at all.

User Info: wah_wah_wah

wah_wah_wah
2 years ago#124
So I connected my USB device and it just gives me a constant "checking the device" thing. Does that mean it doesn't work?

User Info: Magusar

Magusar
2 years ago#125
i have a question

Would using a Y cable hard drive damage my Wii U on the long run?.

I have a Iomega enclosure with a power supply, I bought it as a 2TB powered external hard drive but the HDD kicked the bucket, the enclosure is alright, could it be that the enclosure was bad and it damaged my hard drive? should I just buy a Y cable hard drive or will that one in turn damage my wii u?
PSN: blazingdragon203
Pawn Name: Hyuna

User Info: donaldo1989

donaldo1989
2 years ago#126
KingFelix59 posted...
8waystomonday posted...
KingFelix59 posted...

How is it working out for you? Mine still seems to be working perfectly fine... No slowdowns, glitches, no problems at all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-Flash-SDCZ50-032G-B35/dp/B005FYNT3G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431691692&sr=8-3&keywords=SanDisc+Cruzer+Fit

Is this the one you are talking about, does it allow you to play games off of it?
3DS FC: - 4398-9942-5453

User Info: Halladay32

Halladay32
2 years ago#127
I'm very ignorant when it comes to stuff like this, but I have a few questions. Apologies in advance if they're stupid.

So, when I set up my HDD, do I need to transfer the data in my Wii U's internal storage over to it? Or can I have my Wii U read files from both the internal storage and my HDD? I'm very paranoid when it comes to data like that, so I'd rather do as little, er, maintenance as possible. If the Wii U can read from both, will my system prompt me to choose where to put any downloadable games when I buy them (i.e. into internal or the HDD)?
Currently playing -- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

KingFelix59
2 years ago#128
donaldo1989 posted...
KingFelix59 posted...
8waystomonday posted...
KingFelix59 posted...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-Flash-SDCZ50-032G-B35/dp/B005FYNT3G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431691692&sr=8-3&keywords=SanDisc+Cruzer+Fit

Is this the one you are talking about, does it allow you to play games off of it?

No, it's this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruzer-Fit-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-032G-B35/dp/B00812F7O8/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431959975&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=SanDisc+Cruzer+Fit

And, yes, I can play games off of it with no problem whatsoever.... No lag, nothing.

User Info: ss4gogeta_dark

ss4gogeta_dark
2 years ago#129
I'd just like to say I'm using a Vantec Sata to USB 2.0 adapter with a 500gb 2.5" WD Blue and it works 100%. No issues at all. Games load just as quick as the internal. So if you got a hard drive laying around look it up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI R9 290X 4G Gaming|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W8prox64
Twitch.tv/heroxoot

User Info: zumaddy

zumaddy
2 years ago#130
I've been thinking of buying the one available, WD MyBook but it's model seems to be WDBFJK0020HBK-AESN instead of WDBFJK0020HBK-NESN. Does the last change just mean it's the Australian model and still compatible, or is it something completely different?

For any Aussies out there who have bought and used a hard drive (or anyone else who can help me with the last question), I would very much appreciate some advice.
Zero's my FE husbando
Currently playing: MH4U
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo Wii U Storage Expansion FAQ V2.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.