Nintendo Wii U Storage Expansion FAQ V2.0

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo Wii U Storage Expansion FAQ V2.0

User Info: Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak
4 years ago#21
"The saves are saved to the Wii U internal memory save, not the external. You can also use a SD card for more storage if you want to, just like with Wii."

sorry if this is answered in a nother topic or something i haven't looked.. but can you transfer wii saves from your SD card to your Wii U?
i know on the Wii you had to play the game before you could move data *for whatever reasons* so does this still appy to the Wii U?

i hope that makes enough sense..
"Beat me up, beat me down to the ground; I'm sure I deserved it." "Tell me doctor, What's the cure for the wicked mans blues?"

User Info: TCaC04

TCaC04
4 years ago#22
UPDATE: Added new sizes for missing games

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! 1.36 GB (1402 MB)
Injustice: Gods Among Us 7.58 GB (7767 MB)

@Gaming Freak

You can use SD cards, you just need an USB adapter to plug it into the USB port of the Wii U to be readable.
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
4 years ago#23
Gaming Freak posted...
"The saves are saved to the Wii U internal memory save, not the external. You can also use a SD card for more storage if you want to, just like with Wii."

sorry if this is answered in a nother topic or something i haven't looked.. but can you transfer wii saves from your SD card to your Wii U?
i know on the Wii you had to play the game before you could move data *for whatever reasons* so does this still appy to the Wii U?

Are you asking about transferring individual Wii saves to the Wii U's Wii mode via SD card? (IE, not doing a full system transfer)

Yes, individual saves can be transferred but the actual game disc must at least be in the console at the time for the save to be transferred.

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
4 years ago#24
Kirby's Adventure - 37MB

Hey! I just noticed this got stickied! Nice work, TC!
(edited 4 years ago)

TCaC04
4 years ago#25
cyberpik posted...
Kirby's Adventure - 37MB

Hey! I just noticed this got stickied! Nice work, TC!

Thanks! It was about time too.

User Info: SlyCooperFan12

SlyCooperFan12
4 years ago#26
New

Eshop Demos Total:7,622 MB
Eshop Total: 5,643 MB
Virtual Console Total: 139 MB
DLC: 8,932 MB
Apps: 135 MB
Retail Downloads: 250,622 MB
Grand Total: 273,093 MB
Sokka:let us leave!
Bumi:lettuce leave?

TCaC04
4 years ago#27
SlyCooperFan12 posted...
New

Eshop Demos Total:7,622 MB
Eshop Total: 5,643 MB
DLC: 8,932 MB
Retail Downloads: 250,622 MB
Grand Total: 273,093 MB

Awesome work Sly, I appreciate everyone that is contributing to this FAQ. It sure does help me out a lot. Thank you for the update, I will convert it to GB now.

TCaC04
4 years ago#28
Updated with GB size

Eshop Demos Total: 7.4 GB (7,622 MB)
Eshop Total: 5.5 GB (5,643 MB)
DLC: 8.7 GB (8,932 MB)
Retail Downloads: 244.74 GB (250,622 MB)
Grand Total: 266.6 GB (273,093 MB)

Thanks again Sly!

TCaC04
4 years ago#29
UPDATE 4/21/13

Pokemon Rumble U - 832.5 MB (Will go live on Wednesday for Japan)

Source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
(edited 4 years ago)

User Info: GamersTavern

GamersTavern
4 years ago#30
cyberpik posted...
Gaming Freak posted...

Are you asking about transferring individual Wii saves to the Wii U's Wii mode via SD card? (IE, not doing a full system transfer)

Yes, individual saves can be transferred but the actual game disc must at least be in the console at the time for the save to be transferred.

I can confirm this to be true. The Wii U essentially becomes a Wii when you're in Wii Mode, so the Wii U will act exactly like a Wii.
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo Wii U Storage Expansion FAQ V2.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.