Iwata: Wii U Has Lost Momentum

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Iwata: Wii U Has Lost Momentum

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
4 years ago#11
Sailor Goon posted...
Amazing Ampharos posted...
They just said what they're doing. They're releasing Pikmin 3 this summer and plan to release a steadier stream of games going forth from that. It was pretty clear, and I'm not sure what else you want in that regard.

so one game, and the umpteenth broken promise eh?

One game. Then another. Then another. Do you want them to release them all tomorrow for you or something?
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...

User Info: tuznecote

tuznecote
4 years ago#12
DoomsSD posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Amazing Ampharos posted...
They just said what they're doing. They're releasing Pikmin 3 this summer and plan to release a steadier stream of games going forth from that. It was pretty clear, and I'm not sure what else you want in that regard.

so one game, and the umpteenth broken promise eh?

One game. Then another. Then another. Do you want them to release them all tomorrow for you or something?

It would be nice if we had more than one choice of game every two months. Its not like EVERYONE likes or is going to buy Pikmin 3.

I have no interest in that series, nore do I want Mario Kart. I am pretty much stuffed this year then.

User Info: Asellus

Asellus
4 years ago#13
Some have the misunderstanding that Wii U is just Wii with a pad for games,

You know, that really is probably the most tragic part of the whole mess. The weird and completely arbitrary name which doesn't even make it clear this is a actually a new system rather than say some special edition version of the Wii.

User Info: TalentedM

TalentedM
4 years ago#14
tuznecote posted...

I have no interest in that series, nore do I want Mario Kart. I am pretty much stuffed this year then.

You bought the system with the notion that games that were not announced or had a release date would be available right away?

I am sorry you didn't do enough research on your purchase and are now going through some kind of buyers remorse. I hope your suffering does not last long and you die a warriors death!

What games are you interested in?
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#15
Asellus posted...

You know, that really is probably the most tragic part of the whole mess. The weird and completely arbitrary name which doesn't even make it clear this is a actually a new system rather than say some special edition version of the Wii.

I still don't understand why people say this is such a big problem for the Wii U, but it didn't seem to do any sort of harm to the XBox when they just tacked on a number to the end of their new system..
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: tuznecote

tuznecote
4 years ago#16
TalentedM posted...
tuznecote posted...

You bought the system with the notion that games that were not announced or had a release date would be available right away?

I am sorry you didn't do enough research on your purchase and are now going through some kind of buyers remorse. I hope your suffering does not last long and you die a warriors death!

What games are you interested in?

So your pretty much saying that WiiU isn't worth buying because I shouldn't assume the game system would get some decent games within a year of release?

Adventure, platformers and all sorts.

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 years ago#17
Buretsu posted...
Asellus posted...

I still don't understand why people say this is such a big problem for the Wii U, but it didn't seem to do any sort of harm to the XBox when they just tacked on a number to the end of their new system..

well, the console box itself looks very different from the original xbox. There was also the obvious leap in graphics technology. People noticed the difference easily.
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
4 years ago#18
Buretsu posted...
Asellus posted...

Yeah. I do actually struggle to see how people can be so un-savvy over a console being a different name.
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...

User Info: TalentedM

TalentedM
4 years ago#19
ElectricMole posted...
Buretsu posted...
Asellus posted...

well, the console box itself looks very different from the original xbox. There was also the obvious leap in graphics technology. People noticed the difference easily.

They should have also noticed the huge news and publication it was getting before it was released. I saw it all over magazines and other media sites before it came out. Anyone who buys systems and videogames knew what it was, it is just some s*** excuse IMO.

People knew. Just like the DS, the DSi and the 3DS. Small changes to the name but guess what, people know they are different if they take 2 seconds to stare at them before opening their wallets.
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity

User Info: Asellus

Asellus
4 years ago#20
I still don't understand why people say this is such a big problem for the Wii U, but it didn't seem to do any sort of harm to the XBox when they just tacked on a number to the end of their new system.

Eh, the number still implies succession. X-Box > X-Box 360 even if it might leave one wondering what happened to the other few hundred X-Boxes or what turning a full circle is meant to signify.

What does the "U" mean? They could've just called it "Wii 2" - ta da, nobody's going to mistake it for an accessory anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Iwata: Wii U Has Lost Momentum

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived