I hope Nintendo learned

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I hope Nintendo learned

User Info: JazzCard

JazzCard
4 years ago#1
I hope that Nintendo has finally learned that naming their consoles to be similar to previous platforms is a bad idea and confuses consumers. Oh well, better luck next gen. Still can't wait for the titles that'll be released :D
SSF4 (3DS) Maining Makoto - RINDO-KAN KARATE IS THE BEST!!!!

User Info: TalentedM

TalentedM
4 years ago#2
They should have just put more numbers after their name like everyone else!
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
4 years ago#3
JazzCard posted...
I hope that Nintendo has finally learned that naming their consoles to be similar to previous platforms is a bad idea and confuses consumers.

PS1, PSX, PS2, PS3, PS4
XBox, XBox 360
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: AdamLazaruso

AdamLazaruso
4 years ago#4
Buretsu posted...
JazzCard posted...
I hope that Nintendo has finally learned that naming their consoles to be similar to previous platforms is a bad idea and confuses consumers.

PS1, PSX, PS2, PS3, PS4
XBox, XBox 360

4 is unquestionably a sequel to 3.

Nobody knows what the chuff 'U' is unless they've already researched the console.
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
4 years ago#5
PS1. PS2. PS3. PS4. Everyone understands.

Xbox. Xbox360. Everyone understands.

Wii. Wii U. Everyone suddenly loses the ability to read a simple name.
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...

User Info: overkillwfo1978

overkillwfo1978
4 years ago#6
I own a Wii U, and even I can admit that it is probably the most ridiculously stupid name for a console to date.
trolling gamefaqs is like farming village great jaggi with g rank weapons-Vandyan

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
4 years ago#7
overkillwfo1978 posted...
I own a Wii U, and even I can admit that it is probably the most ridiculously stupid name for a console to date.

I second that!

They spend years creating peripherals named Wii this and Wii that. OF COURSE the general public will assume the Wii U is just a add-on. It doesn't help when the advertising is bollocks and does nothing to point out "Hey! This is a new console!" They just show the dumb controller.
SquareEnix: Crushing dreams since 2003

User Info: YamiYugi4400

YamiYugi4400
4 years ago#8
Buretsu posted...
JazzCard posted...

PS1, PSX, PS2, PS3, PS4
XBox, XBox 360

Micosoft: "Hey guys, check out the new Xbox 360, see the new console"

Nintendo: "It's got a screen"
Exodia - Obliterate!!!

User Info: Trancer Hunter

Trancer Hunter
4 years ago#9
EternalDivide posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...

I second that!

They spend years creating peripherals named Wii this and Wii that. OF COURSE the general public will assume the Wii U is just a add-on. It doesn't help when the advertising is bollocks and does nothing to point out "Hey! This is a new console!" They just show the dumb controller.

This!
I'm sorry but the unknowing people are simply going to think the Wii U is just an add on, and people in the stores really actually have been thinking just that.

User Info: thundercat2600

thundercat2600
4 years ago#10
DoomsSD posted...
PS1. PS2. PS3. PS4. Everyone understands.

Xbox. Xbox360. Everyone understands.

Wii. Wii U. Everyone suddenly loses the ability to read a simple name.

Are you saying Nintendo's fans are clueless? I guess this is what happens when you sell primarily to soccer moms and grandparents.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I hope Nintendo learned

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived