Have you ever had a strong emotional bond with a video game character?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever had a strong emotional bond with a video game character?

User Info: mikurubeam

mikurubeam
3 years ago#11
I've wanted to punch a few. Does that count?
i7-3930k, Asus RIVE, 2xGTX Titan, Corsair 32Gig 2400 DDR Dominator Platinum, 4x Samsung 830, Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440 & S27A950D 1920x1080 3D

User Info: trenken

trenken
3 years ago#12
No. This is ridiculous, and kinda creepy in like a very pathetic kind of way.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
3 years ago#13
trenken posted...

But it's the same with film characters, you can draw a bond if the character is represented well and developed sufficiently
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS

User Info: Nice_Kirbyfan9

Nice_Kirbyfan9
3 years ago#14
No. There are certain characters I really like but I don't think I have an "emotional bond" with them.
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
3 years ago#15
trenken posted...

You really think so? People have connections with characters in books or movies. Games are a natural extension if that is your hobby.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
3 years ago#16
The Halo multiplayer announcer. >_>
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY Edition, Banjo-Tooie HD, Ninja Gaiden II, Tekken Tag Tournament 2

User Info: STE573

STE573
3 years ago#17
trenken posted...

I suggest you go and play through Shadow of the Colossus. Then start a new game and tell me if you feel the same way going through it the second time? It's a natural extention of that feeling.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about sexual attraction or a crush or anything like that. I simply mean you feel connected to the issues experienced by the character and feel something when they are upset, overjoyed or killed off.
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever had a strong emotional bond with a video game character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived