The name Wii U is probably one of the things that really hurt it this time....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The name Wii U is probably one of the things that really hurt it this time....

User Info: TheFallenPriest

TheFallenPriest
3 years ago#1
No, not for the reason people probably think I am talking about. I understand they wanted the brand recognition from the casuals.

Sony goes playstation. ps2 ps3 ps4. Microsoft is Xbox, xbox 360, and then an unreleased called 720 by many people. I dont think the term "U" distinguished itself from the Wii name as a predecessor like a numerical value would, so people considered it the same console. I think this would have solved the problem of people thinking its the same console just a tablet addon.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.

User Info: STN79

STN79
3 years ago#2
Would you have preferred Gamesphere or Nintendomination?

User Info: AhnoldDood

AhnoldDood
3 years ago#3
What an original and never-before-heard about topic.

Hey, guess what, the 3DS suffered the same problem. Look where it is now.

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
3 years ago#4
I would have called "fart". Kids love the word fart .
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The name Wii U is probably one of the things that really hurt it this time....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived