Why Audio CDs are not supported?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Audio CDs are not supported?

User Info: NewGabeOrder

NewGabeOrder
4 years ago#1
Since I could not reply to other threads similar to this topic, I decided to make one.

I don't know why Nintendo would pull a thing on us. The Wii had no Audio CD playback, but if the Wii U does not, then I'll go nuts. If the Wii U has no Audio CD playback, then why that? Game systems such as the Dreamcast had it, so why not the Wii and later systems?

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
4 years ago#2
They're dying out, for one. For another, including CD playback would cost money, raising the price of the console.

Plus, so-far, no 8th Generation system has them.
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22

User Info: slickvic1990

slickvic1990
4 years ago#3
1)saves money
2)CDs just aren't as big as they used to be. digital music is the wave right now.
My GOTY 2013 (so far): Bioshock Infinite.
Previous holders: Fire Emblem Awakening

User Info: gamebuyer22

gamebuyer22
4 years ago#4
Nintendo overcharges for its hardware and has the worst feature set of any modern console . People always defend Nintendo but its pretty absurd for them not to allow you to listen or rip CDs to the system. For $350 it should have more than it does.

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 years ago#5
The cost of licensing is greater than the increase in sales it would generate, the latter probably being roughly zero.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
4 years ago#6
gamebuyer22 posted...
Nintendo overcharges for its hardware and has the worst feature set of any modern console . People always defend Nintendo but its pretty absurd for them not to allow you to listen or rip CDs to the system. For $350 it should have more than it does.

Uh...

No 8th generation console lets you rip CDs to the system...
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22

User Info: Maxx_the_Slash

Maxx_the_Slash
4 years ago#7
slickvic1990 posted...
1)saves money
2)CDs just aren't as big as they used to be. digital music is the wave right now.

It's a ****ty wave. It's the same thing as digital games VS. physical games. If I own the CD, I can keep that music for as long as I can play that CD, while digital music off of sites like iTunes, I have to pay for if I ever get rid of the song (freeing up space on an mp3 player, etc.).
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
4 years ago#8
Get your music away from my gaming console, that's why.
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...

User Info: mjc0961

mjc0961
4 years ago#9
Shadowbird_RH posted...
The cost of licensing is greater than the increase in sales it would generate, the latter probably being roughly zero.
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.

User Info: mostcorrupt

mostcorrupt
4 years ago#10
Too high tech.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why Audio CDs are not supported?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived