Is Nintendo shutting down the Wii's Virtual Console service?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendo shutting down the Wii's Virtual Console service?

User Info: ZekeZoop

ZekeZoop
4 years ago#1
Sorry if dumb question. I heard Nintendo are shutting down a few online things with the Wii such as the Everybody Votes Channel...is the VC also on this list to make way for the Wii U VC?

I only used the VC for about a year, then I got into collecting the old consoles and carts. I recently got back into the VC because I can't afford/have the space for all these old games and I would like to know if I have a certain date by which I need to download what I want.

Thanks.

User Info: The_Mana_Legend

The_Mana_Legend
4 years ago#2
No.
What can I do to save Sony?

User Info: ska_dude101

ska_dude101
4 years ago#3
I highly doubt they'll take down the Wii VC. Nintendo is dumb, not suicidal.

User Info: DeathSnipe777

DeathSnipe777
4 years ago#4
Probably not, unless they plan on turning everybody's remaining Wii Points into eShop cash and releasing the entire Wii VC on the WiiU VC sometime soon.
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
4 years ago#5
I would say no to that question at this point. However, I see Nintendo dropping that service within the next 2-3 years though as they don't support old consoles for very long. They have this habit of killing their older hardware off almost immediately after a new one comes out.
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, MSI GTX 680 2GB Lightning

User Info: shinra35800

shinra35800
4 years ago#6
This is true. They will take it down in June. Not the VC though:

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-shutting-down-wii-online-services-in-june-251414.phtml

User Info: Miharin

Miharin
4 years ago#7
They said the shop channel is not going to be shut down. Probably in the future it will, but not for now.
Now playing: Video games
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendo shutting down the Wii's Virtual Console service?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived