Opening up and setting up my system 5 months after it was purchased...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Opening up and setting up my system 5 months after it was purchased...

User Info: Sasquatchimo

Sasquatchimo
4 years ago#1
Let's hope nothing is wrong with it because I can't return it now that 5 months has elapsed.

Anyway, pretty impressed with the gamepad. It's an attractive gimmick.

By the way, what's up with the update? Ps3 and xbox both take at most 5 minutes to update. What's wrong with Nintendo? is this a 1 gig update or something? Seriously. What's up? Why is it taking more than 10 minutes?
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.

User Info: ballermat982

ballermat982
4 years ago#2
I just have to say that this is really idiotic. I mean if I buy anything electronic, I immediately check to make sure it works so I can return it right away if it doesn't.

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 years ago#3
Why are you opening it up after only 5 months you purchased it? Why not right away like Sony and Microsoft? Seriously, why did it take more than 10 minutes?
"Let me explain the difference between you and me: you watch Star Trek, I live it."
Howard Wolowitz

User Info: DruidMettool

DruidMettool
4 years ago#4
But think of all the great Wii U games that came out in the last five months that you can enjoy now! Like...

...uh...

User Info: IlikeBacon16

IlikeBacon16
4 years ago#5
You waited that long to open up? Kind of hard to believe. Anyway, you are downloading at least 4 updates in one then. First update was over 3 GB I believe. Latest one was pretty decent in size too.

User Info: elbarto1

elbarto1
4 years ago#6
Nintendo's online infrastructure isn't really cutting edge. I agree that the updates take forever. Then take another forever to install. You might need to do 2 updates unless they slipstreamed them. In which case you're looking at 2hrs of update/installing.

I can't defend Nintendo in this area. The download times are horrendous compared to the competition.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY

User Info: Sasquatchimo

Sasquatchimo
4 years ago#7
I pre-ordered the system with pikmin 3 as a release game. And I didn't keep up with the news. Nintendo pulled a fast one on me. So the system just sat. Then my brother bought the system a few days ago with MH3U, so that gave me an excuse to finally open up the system.

Actually now that I think about it, its been 6 months.
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.

User Info: RetroFanGirl

RetroFanGirl
4 years ago#8
elbarto1 posted...
Nintendo's online infrastructure isn't really cutting edge. I agree that the updates take forever. Then take another forever to install. You might need to do 2 updates unless they slipstreamed them. In which case you're looking at 2hrs of update/installing.

I can't defend Nintendo in this area. The download times are horrendous compared to the competition.

Sony's seems pretty horrible too. I dread any updates.
Hi.

User Info: geneticsftw

geneticsftw
4 years ago#9
Sweet

User Info: TheCelticArcher

TheCelticArcher
4 years ago#10
RetroFanGirl posted...
elbarto1 posted...

Sony's seems pretty horrible too. I dread any updates.

Agreed, especially game updates. They always download so slowly, then for a ton of games, you have to install them.
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Opening up and setting up my system 5 months after it was purchased...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived