Is metroid prime trilogy worth the trouble?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is metroid prime trilogy worth the trouble?

User Info: TheBigHairyDude

TheBigHairyDude
3 years ago#1
Those games were my childhood, and I would love to have this trilogy, but at $120 for used copies on ebay, I am not sure if it is worth it.

User Info: Beatperson14

Beatperson14
3 years ago#2
You could probably buy them cheaper separately...

User Info: crimsonclaw111

crimsonclaw111
3 years ago#3
It's an amazing collection for sure, but $120 isn't worth it unless you're the seller. Just get the original games for like $25 altogether and call it a day.

Though I'll say the Wiimote scheme is pure amazingness.
XBL GT: roboitoam

User Info: sunK1D

sunK1D
3 years ago#4
I personally wouldn't pay $120 for it.

It's like the damn component cables for the GC, you kinda have to love the system to justify shelling out $150 on the damn cables.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 years ago#5
Gamestop sells it for cheaper, I believe like 50-80 or something. Issue is that I dont think it's available online, so you have to luck out and find a store in a reasonable distance from your house that carries it using the Locator.

I had the game once, metal case included. But while I was on a trip my apartment was robbed. Stole my 360, my laptop, my external hard drive and miraculously left my Wii and its games alone...

...except for Metroid Prime Trilogy. I don't know what upset me more, having my hard drive stolen(had about 700-800 pages of writing as well as months worth of music and movies collected over about 5 years) or MPT stolen(easily my favorite Wii title)
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 years ago#6
crimsonclaw111 posted...
It's an amazing collection for sure, but $120 isn't worth it unless you're the seller. Just get the original games for like $25 altogether and call it a day.

Wii U can't play GC games so it can only play 1 &2 from the collection
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
3 years ago#7
nonexistinghero posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

That was very touche. Pretty damn good point actually for people without a GC.

User Info: crimsonclaw111

crimsonclaw111
3 years ago#8

I did forget about this small issue but I figured that he'd have at least a Wii or a GC seeing as they were his favorite games.

TC if you only have a Wii U you're screwed unless you pay up. The longer you wait the worse it gets too.
XBL GT: roboitoam
(message deleted)

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
3 years ago#10
nonexistinghero posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Don't you mean it can't play 1&2?

I wouldn't mind an HD remake of MPT. I'd buy it if it were $59.99 or cheaper - I mean it's three games.
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is metroid prime trilogy worth the trouble?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived