The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption vs. Metroid Other M....based on only gameplay.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption vs. Metroid Other M....based on only gameplay.

User Info: TurkeyPots

TurkeyPots
3 years ago#1
Not story or writing etc.

User Info: RioichiCooper

RioichiCooper
3 years ago#2
Corruption. It actually played like a Metroid game.
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.

User Info: PUNCHOUT1116

PUNCHOUT1116
3 years ago#3
I liked Other Ms actual combat better. Primes was like a really boring FPS, and was the only fault with those games I think.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

User Info: KaiserWarrior

KaiserWarrior
3 years ago#4
Prime 3 because it at least had some semblance of backtracking and exploration. Other M was a completely linear corridor from start to finish with invisible walls to prevent you from getting expansions in any way other than the exact single one that Nintendo/Team Ninja thought up. It was a disgrace to the Metroid series on gameplay alone.

User Info: cucumberking

cucumberking
3 years ago#5
Other M easily. Hell I liked everything about Other M way more than any of the Prime games.
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti

User Info: PUNCHOUT1116

PUNCHOUT1116
3 years ago#6
KaiserWarrior posted...
Prime 3 because it at least had some semblance of backtracking and exploration. Other M was a completely linear corridor from start to finish with invisible walls to prevent you from getting expansions in any way other than the exact single one that Nintendo/Team Ninja thought up. It was a disgrace to the Metroid series on gameplay alone.

Same time post woooohooooo!!!!
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
3 years ago#7
Prime 3 because it played like an Actual Metroid Game. Other M played like ass compared to Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, and the Prime Trilogy.
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6

User Info: Phantom_Nook

Phantom_Nook
3 years ago#8
I don't think anything was wrong with fleshing out the combat in Other M. But that came at the expense of non-Metroid level design and emphasis on a poor story, which is why I feel, and others feel, that Other M was a poor game. Corruption, like the other two Prime games, was a great extension of the 2D games.
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe

User Info: TheCelticArcher

TheCelticArcher
3 years ago#9
Corruption, Other M had that tacked on FPS mode that just reminds you how much better the Prime series is.
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.

User Info: TurkeyPots

TurkeyPots
3 years ago#10
MP3: 5

Other M: 2
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption vs. Metroid Other M....based on only gameplay.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived