Who is right about social gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Who is right about social gaming?

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#1
Who is right about social gaming? - Results (67 votes)
Nintendo with Miiverse
56.72% (38 votes)
Sony with the Share button
43.28% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Honestly, and I know I'll take a bit of crap for this, I think a dedicated social network is something better for video games. The reason is that unlike other media like movies and music, video games aren't as widely accepted by society. Yes, a lot of people including adults and kids play them, but I bet a lot of people wouldn't want their boss to see their hobby.

Also, having a dedicated network encourages more sharing, since you are in an audience of your gaming peers.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: TheCelticArcher

TheCelticArcher
3 years ago#2
Both seem stupid to me, but I guess you get some nice art with Miiverse, so that.
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.

User Info: RedOrion

RedOrion
3 years ago#3
Not a big fan of the share button. On the Wii U you just have to hold down the home button to post on miiverese, simple and no additional button required. I know the PS4's sharing capabilities will have more depth but adding a share button on the gamepad seems really obnoxious.

User Info: Socran

Socran
3 years ago#4
iKhanic posted...
Honestly, and I know I'll take a bit of crap for this, I think a dedicated social network is something better for video games.

I'd say neither, but you have a point. If you're going to randomly share your game experience with a community, it should be a dedicated gaming community.
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
3 years ago#5
Both are right.
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
3 years ago#6
iKhanic posted...
Yes, a lot of people including adults and kids play them, but I bet a lot of people wouldn't want their boss to see their hobby.

I wouldn't care if my boss knows I quietly sit at home and play video games. What's embarrassing about it? You're not causing any trouble or tarnishing your image.

As someone who loves watching gameplay videos, I think the share button is just fantastic.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 years ago#7
I don't really give a damn. I don't even put much stuff up on Facebook because I don't have the need to let people know everything I do.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
3 years ago#8
RedOrion posted...
Not a big fan of the share button. On the Wii U you just have to hold down the home button to post on miiverese, simple and no additional button required. I know the PS4's sharing capabilities will have more depth but adding a share button on the gamepad seems really obnoxious.

It's not obnoxious at all, it's a great feature. I was hoping next gen consoles would add a screen cap button, but the share button is a lot better. The system constantly records the last 15 minutes of gameplay, so all you have to do is press the share button at any time and you can save/upload a picture or video. That's really cool.
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"

User Info: aluminafalcon

aluminafalcon
3 years ago#9
Sony is the better business strategy. First it basically takes all Sony gameplay off of youtube to a dedicated site where surprise surprise they will get all the ad revenue. plus it will function as a huge advertisement for them.

miiverse is interesting but the cash potential is limited
fc 2279 7884 6593
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Who is right about social gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived