The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Reading Shigeru Miyamoto's wikipedia and

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Reading Shigeru Miyamoto's wikipedia and

User Info: EstabIished

EstabIished
3 years ago#1
Although a game designer, Miyamoto spends little time playing video games, preferring to play the guitar, mandolin and banjo.[66] He has a Shetland Sheepdog named Pikku that provided the inspiration for Nintendogs.[67] He is also a semi-professional dog breeder.[68] He has been quoted as stating, "Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll."[69] Miyamoto also has stated that he has a hobby of guessing the measurements of objects, then checking to see if he was correct, and apparently carries a tape measure with him everywhere.[70]

lol..
Lloyd Irving deserves a spot in SSB4
Tell me if you agree (4 currently agree)

User Info: Ryan-06

Ryan-06
3 years ago#2
He's a weirdo. But a very respectable weirdo. I remember him since childhood. Responsible for some of my fav games back then.

User Info: MGSFAN612

MGSFAN612
3 years ago#3
Even game designers/developers can be eccentric,

Reminds me of how of how Hideo Kojima(the guy who created/mates the Metal Gear Solid games) seems to have an obsession with food based on the fact that a large portion(if not a majority) of his tweets being about food.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
PSN: MGSFAN612 MGO: Cobra316

User Info: WillWare

WillWare
3 years ago#4
MGSFAN612 posted...
Even game designers/developers can be eccentric.

You say that as if it isn't a normal thing.
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Need something to do? Here's a maze: http://i.imgur.com/HSMCf.png

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
3 years ago#5
This is a rather common character tic of architects. I do it myself, although of course Miyamoto isn't an architect.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

User Info: CrystalKing5426

CrystalKing5426
3 years ago#6
MGSFAN612 posted...
Even game designers/developers can be eccentric,

Reminds me of how of how Hideo Kojima(the guy who created/mates the Metal Gear Solid games) seems to have an obsession with food based on the fact that a large portion(if not a majority) of his tweets being about food.

The legends were true! Everyone is gay for Big Boss.
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
3 years ago#7
Eccentric people are the best kind.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: Oni_Taedo

Oni_Taedo
3 years ago#8
It's like if Doc Brown was a game designer.

"When this game hits 64-bits, you're gonna see some serious $#!7."
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Reading Shigeru Miyamoto's wikipedia and

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived