Will Kingdom Hearts 3 come to WiiU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will Kingdom Hearts 3 come to WiiU?

User Info: FenderMaster

FenderMaster
4 years ago#11
ElectricMole posted...
There's no 360/ps3 version announced.

That already says a lot to those of you saying they'd bother making a downgraded version.

Think about that.

Yup. Probably alot more KH fans with a PS3 than a WiiU or a PS4. Still not making a PS3 version though.
http://www.jvp-boston.org

User Info: KingTurt

KingTurt
4 years ago#12
FenderMaster posted...
1. It hasn't been confirmed, but given that it's only just started development, it's safe to assume it's being made using SE's latest engine. It would be a waste not to use it.

2. No, I'm right. Crystal Chronicles and Chocobo Dungeon aren't main FF games, they're spinoffs. The DS games are remakes of old games. No new entries in the FF series of games since FFVI has been released on a Nintendo console.

3. Could be the same people, could be different people... How would you know?

4. I think if Nintendo was smart and knew it was coming, they would have told us by now, otherwise it makes them look bad...

5. Investors probably do... If only because it's a much cheaper and easier port.

6. You don't know if hardware will be an issue. A game designed on a next gen engine for a console with 8GB of RAM, an x86 8 Core CPU and a high end Radeon GPU capable of 1.84 Terraflops may not be easily portable to a console with 3GB of Ram (OS and gamepad draw), a 2 core 1.2 Ghz CPU and god knows what GPU.

You can say that the game won't push the hardware, but you've seen almost nothing of the game yet, they may yet reveal footage that clearly is beyond the WiiU's capability.

7. You haven't addressed. It would be very unusual for KH to break a trend.

4. Nintendo does weird ****. COD: Ghosts is on WiiU but it wasn't even in that third party video they showed for WiiU. Wouldn't surprise me if they do something like this.

6. Every game and engine currently available today and for next gen is scalable. More scalable then ever before. WiiU might not be as powerful as PS4 or Xbone but it's nothing that is stopping next gen games from being ported it to it with a bit of downscaling. The only main thing I see is what you've said about the different architectures, sure it would lead to more work, but it's nothing that will completely stop ports from making it to WiiU. It just depends if developers think they'll make a profit on porting games to the WiiU. Plus, look at games like Monolith Soft's "X". The WiiU will obviously last a while before reaching its capacity.

You also can't say the game won't come to WiiU because we've seen nothing of the game yet and how it's gonna look graphically. Like I said, hardware isn't an issue this time. Everything is scalable. When WiiU sales pick up drastically, 3rd party support will get better. Because third parties go with whatever is selling. Even if games have to have a bit of downscaling on WiiU it's nothing INSANELY DRASTIC like people are trying to make it out to be.

FenderMaster
4 years ago#13
KingTurt posted...
FenderMaster posted...
1. It hasn't been confirmed, but given that it's only just started development, it's safe to assume it's being made using SE's latest engine. It would be a waste not to use it.

2. No, I'm right. Crystal Chronicles and Chocobo Dungeon aren't main FF games, they're spinoffs. The DS games are remakes of old games. No new entries in the FF series of games since FFVI has been released on a Nintendo console.

4. I think if Nintendo was smart and knew it was coming, they would have told us by now, otherwise it makes them look bad...

5. Investors probably do... If only because it's a much cheaper and easier port.

6. You don't know if hardware will be an issue. A game designed on a next gen engine for a console with 8GB of RAM, an x86 8 Core CPU and a high end Radeon GPU capable of 1.84 Terraflops may not be easily portable to a console with 3GB of Ram (OS and gamepad draw), a 2 core 1.2 Ghz CPU and god knows what GPU.

You can say that the game won't push the hardware, but you've seen almost nothing of the game yet, they may yet reveal footage that clearly is beyond the WiiU's capability.

4. Nintendo does weird ****. COD: Ghosts is on WiiU but it wasn't even in that third party video they showed for WiiU. Wouldn't surprise me if they do something like this.

6. Every game and engine currently available today and for next gen is scalable. More scalable then ever before. WiiU might not be as powerful as PS4 or Xbone but it's nothing that is stopping next gen games from being ported it to it with a bit of downscaling. The only main thing I see is what you've said about the different architectures, sure it would lead to more work, but it's nothing that will completely stop ports from making it to WiiU. It just depends if developers think they'll make a profit on porting games to the WiiU. Plus, look at games like Monolith Soft's "X". The WiiU will obviously last a while before reaching its capacity.

You also can't say the game won't come to WiiU because we've seen nothing of the game yet and how it's gonna look graphically. Like I said, hardware isn't an issue this time. Everything is scalable. When WiiU sales pick up drastically, 3rd party support will get better. Because third parties go with whatever is selling. Even if games have to have a bit of downscaling on WiiU it's nothing INSANELY DRASTIC like people are trying to make it out to be.

If it's scalable, then why isn't it coming to PS3 and 360? A combined 140 million consoles, probably a few of those would be KH, FF or Disney fans...

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#14
FenderMaster posted...
If it's scalable, then why isn't it coming to PS3 and 360? A combined 140 million consoles, probably a few of those would be KH, FF or Disney fans...

Because SE is run by morons?
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: Nice_Kirbyfan9

Nice_Kirbyfan9
4 years ago#15

Ghosts is on PS360. That is why it is coming to the Wii U. KH3 is not on PS3 or 360.
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg

User Info: KingTurt

KingTurt
4 years ago#16
FenderMaster posted...
KingTurt posted...
FenderMaster posted...

The game won't even be out for PS4 and Xbone for a couple years at most after launch. Who knows how much of an install base those consoles could have by the time it comes out. (Even though I doubt Xbone is gonna sell that much). Why would they release KH3 at the end of a console generation as well, it would make more sense to do it during a new gen.

FenderMaster
4 years ago#17
bump

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 years ago#18
Baha05 posted...
FenderMaster posted...

Because SE is run by morons?

Its not SE's fault the wii u has the specs it has. On the bright side. SE isnt even making a 360/ps3 version of KH3, so those console owners dont get the game either.

so cheer up. KH3 will be for systems that nobody on earth owns yet. so we'll all have to fork over the money for a new system to play it. lol

NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188

User Info: Jmerithew87

Jmerithew87
4 years ago#19
I think I read they're using the Luminous engine which is quite scaleable. I really hope they announce it for the Wii U. I don't own one currently, but after Yesterday's Nintendo Direct it would be my console of choice if it gets a little bit more 3rd party love. KH3 being at the top of my list.

User Info: Manservice

Manservice
4 years ago#20
No, because the Wii-U is a terrible console with poor sales.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will Kingdom Hearts 3 come to WiiU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived